23 seconds of Vita goodness, some questions and a tiny bit of info from EA!
Youtube user randomwithabomb recently went to the EB games expo in Sydney, Australia and whilst there he got to play on Most Wanted for the Vita. He also caught some footage which is below.
Phew! We also got to ask him a few questions about it.
1. Do you have much experience with Need For Speed Games, and if so how does this stack up in comparison?
I am quite a big fan of the NFS franchise and Most Wanted easily beats any NFS game on the PSP, but I did feel that it handled like the PSP games though.
2. How were the visuals? From the short video it looks good, but in terms of playing did the frame rate drop at all? Did the buildings pop up at all? Was it sharp?
The graphics were extremely good on the player vehicle but were average on the environment. No frame rate drop, and the building didn’t “pop”, they were always there.
3. Did you play the Console version? If so how did it compare?
The Vita’s graphics were noticeably dropped when compared to the console version, which i played for a good 30mins. The physics though were very similar.
4. Did you encounter a lot of traffic or was it quite empty?
The traffic density was about medium to low.
5. Any noticeable visual effects, like damage or water splashing/reflections etc?
I don’t recall seeing any damage on my car or reflections and I didn’t run through any puddles.
He closes by stating that he doesn’t own a Vita, and had he known that there was practically no footage for it on the Vita, he would have recorded more. Thanks for the chat!
To close this off, whilst asking EA whether there was new information, images or footage seeing as amateur footage was doing the rounds now, they provided me with the following few bits, which is valid Vita information.
· Open World Action – Lose the cops – your way. Hit jumps and shortcuts, lay low, or shake the cops in surroundings that play to your car’s unique strengths. Freedom is everything. Drive anywhere with your friends, discover hidden gameplay or utilize your knowledge of the city to beat them in a never-ending supply of challenges.
· Non-Stop Multiplayer – Pick a car, hook up with friends and jump into a non-stop playlist of tight, competitive events. No lobby screens means the action never stops. Score big, rank up and earn endless rewards and upgrades. Keep the fierce rivalries going between events with endless opportunities to race, battle and explore in a huge open world.
· Beat Your Friends – Autolog 2 ratchets up the intense competition with personalized race recommendations and feeds broadcasting all of your most newsworthy scores, speeds and times to your friends. Earn Need for Speed points at all times on any system as you try to outdrive your friends and become the Most Wanted.
· Racing Without Rules — It’s survival of the fastest as Need for Speed Most Wanted fuses the franchise’s, authentic “real car” feel with the intense speed and aggression of Burnout. Power down, slide out, and battle your way past cops and rivals using pure driving skill, and heavy doses of nitrous.
· Vita Exclusive Features – Navigate and play Vita specific events and challenges with fully enabled front and rear Touch Pads. Use the Front Camera to take your Autolog profile picture or the built in Microphone to chat with friends online.