It’s free! And comes with a patch.
Ripstone Games today told us that they will be adding a new chess piece set called “Battalion”, and will be released to both the US and EU stores this week. We have a few screens of what the peices look like for you below.
The name was picked by Twitter competition winner Adam Richards, who was selected from thousands of entrants across the world.
To tie in with the release there is a patch release also which will adress the following.
- Added the ability to challenge a player from a ranking board to a game of Play by Mail.
- Allow the shoulder button to toggle lock camera position.
- Option to toggle in game legal move highlights.
- Country flags added to leaderboards (only updates for new leaderboard entries).
- Fixed a bug where ELO stats for beaten opponenets did not show up.
- Fixed a bug where the system would crash when attempting to check mail after resending a Play by Mail game message.
- Resolved a crash that would occur if the user rapidly switched between the options and audio volume screens.
That’s not all! If soothing music is your weapon of choice when picking a move, then you may be interested in the soundtrack which will also be released this week.
For £3.99 you can add the relaxing sounds of Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin and Satie to allow to focus on your strategy.