With cross play, everyone can hear you scream.
Back in the mid 1990s, Team 17 released the first Alien Breed game, a top down space styled shooter which clearly paid homage to the Alien film series on the Amiga and the CD32 and many other platforms since then, and Team 17 have just told us that in early February we can expect a new version for the PS3 and the Vita via PSN.
The game features:
- Story Mode – choose from 30 levels including three new level packs: Convergence, Valiance and Synergy
- Enhanced visuals or play using the original 16-bit graphics
- Team up on either PS3™ or PlayStation®Vita via cross-platform play
- Cross-Platform Continuation Play, carry on your PS3™ save game progress on your PlayStation®Vita, or vice versa!
- Ad-Hoc and online co-op multiplayer for PlayStation®Vita
- Local and online co-op multiplayer for PlayStation®3
- Leaderboards and trophies
Cross play and cross save are welcome features and i especially like the option to play with older stylised visuals. We have chased up with Team 17 to find out more and to see which regions it will be released in, in the meanwhile do you have any experiences with any of the earlier games? Share them below!