Firmware 2.10 for the Playstation Vita is now trickling down to users – the main new feature; folders.
The changes to the firmware are as follows;
- Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).
- Verify which PS Vita card you are using by looking at the home screen’s info bar. You can also save the layout of your home screen icons in the memory card.
- Added video support allows you to play videos within the browser (memory card required; some videos are not supported).
- New email enhancements allows you to view HTML messages, add multiple email addresses to your contacts, and easily search your messages using the new search feature.
- PlayStation Plus members will be able to automatically update PlayStation Mobile format software and upload game save data onto online storage using 3G connection.
- New “Mute Automatically” option will mute your PS Vita speakers when your headset is unplugged and pause your music when using the music app.
It’s worth noting that while folders are here, they don’t negate the 100-bubble limit, so don’t go trying to cram more apps onto those cards after this – it’s purely cosmetic.