HD Vita revamp to their 2011 Minis hit.
We knew that Laughing Jackal were working on another title or two for the Vita to follow up Hungry Giraffe (which I’m writing a review for in between playing Guacamelee…) and today they confirmed that they had decided to revisit OMG-Z and give it a nice glossy coat.
For those of you who never experienced the simple joys of zombie-horde-popping the first time, the undead infection in OMG HD Zombies! is the result of a scientific experiment on a virulent fungus that causes its zombified victims to explode when attacked. Any infected matter ingested or inhaled by a human victim causes them to become a zombie in turn.
That’s pretty cool in itself, but the best part is that if any infected matter lands on another zombie then that zombie explodes too, causing a rapid chain reaction of gory explosions and maximising the likelihood of nearby victims being infected. Wise to this knowledge, your Riot Cop character is able to take down whole city blocks of the undead with a single well-placed rifle round and a well chosen vantage point.
This sounds very interesting, and they plan to bring the following changes to the original title:
- More Graphics! – ALL background, character and menu artwork has been redrawn from scratch. Plus there are a ton of extra zombie death animations.
- More Zombies! – We’ve thrown three new zombie classes into the mix (say hello to the new Runner, Taser & Mortar zombies!)
- More Levels! – We added 19 brand new levels, so now there’s 100 brand new level layouts of zombie-slaying action.
- More Upgrades! – We have 100 upgrades for you to buy at our all-new Upgrades menu.
- Prestige Mode! – Something extra for the completionists out there. Complete the game to 100% Platinum standard and you can Prestige the game and start over again, boosting your leaderboard scores as you go.
- Trophies! – 12 bronze, silver and gold Trophies to unlock.
- Online Leaderboards! – Now you can compare your skills against the best zombie slayers around the world.
- Touch Controls! – Choose between the traditional control method or new touch screen controls.
- New Comics! – As well as 2 new endings, we reveal more of the back story to the zombie outbreak in our specially extended comic book intro.
No news on a release date or pricing, although the blog does state that we will be playing it in a few weeks time. we will bring you more as we have it. What do you think?