Tuesday the 4th in North America Guacamelee gets patched and DLC goes live.
The long awaited Guacamelee DLC goes live tomorrow, and with it come a pre-DLC patch addressing some issue in the game and prepping for the new content.
Looking at this new patch, it will allow you to swap between Juan and Tostada at any of the checkpoints on both systems, while bringing along these fixes:
- Added support for new Player Costumes! – Requires purchase of Additional Content to unlock
- Added new Trophies for the Additional Content
- Fix for arena doors sometimes not opening
- Fixed bosses becoming unresponsive after multiple player deaths
- Fixed Calaca becoming unresponsive when player swaps to a chicken
- Fix for Flame Face sometimes going through the floor
- Fixed bug that allowed player to change difficulty without starting a new game
- Fix for sometimes being teleported when performing a dimension swap
- Removed up arrow above statue in Pueblucho
- Fix for lighting effect fade in final temple
- Minor art and credits adjustments
For that new Costume Pack DLC, you can pick it up for $1.99/€1.59/£1.25 on June 4th in North America and June 5th in Europe, and it includes the three costumes detailed below:
- Pollo Luchador – Allows Juan and Tostada to dress as a chicken. Health regenerates quickly, while stamina regenerates slower.
- Identity Swap – Switches the outfits of Juan and Tostada. Makes standard attacks stronger, weakens the power of throws.
- Skeleton – Infinite stamina, but no health pick-ups.
You do receive some new Guacamelee! trophies as well for your $2, which include beating the Caverna del Poll arena in the Skeleton costume, fighting Calaca using Identity Swap, and talking to the chickens while in the chicken costume.
Sounds like a cheap and welcome update, but I’m still waiting for them to add new areas.
C’mon Drinkbox, maybe next update?