Several users are reporting the update is bricking their Vita, all of which are using a 32GB card. Use caution folks, for now other memory card sizes seem unaffected.
That’s right folks, the Playstation Vita’s latest firmware update is live, though many of the changes are fairly minor.
You can now manage your Vita’s memory card usage, sync the calender with your Google calender, send and receive voice memos and that 100 app limit has gone up to 500! The full list:
- Home screen – applications limit increased to 500 icons
- Messages – voice message functionality added
- Parental controls – restrict PS Store access by age
- Calendar – sync Google Calendar, share events with friends via message or email
- Content Manager – check and manage Memory Card usage
- Music – search for content saved on a connected device
- Video – sort content by size
- Photo – Rotate Screen Automatically option added, Freeform added to Panoramic modes
- Settings – option to adjust Daylight Saving automatically added