We told you back in February that PC/PS3 Platform-Puzzler Ethan: Meteor Hunter would be coming to the Vita, and now we finally know when – April 15th in Europe.
In the game you play as Ethan, a rat that got touched by meteorites giving him the telekinetic powers enabling him to move objects and freeze time. Not content with this, Ethan goes in search of more meteorites to gain more power to get revenge on his neighbour for destroying his house. This translates to:
- When Super Meat Boy and Braid got together – Unique blend of precision platforming and time-stopping physics-based puzzles to race through a gauntlet of ruthless hazards
- “Okay just one more try” enabled – Difficult without frustration as you respawn instantly: you don’t know it yet, but you’ll love killing Ethan
- Telekinetic gameplay with real time physics – Pause time and move a wide array of objects with their different properties to build the solution you want, nothing is scripted: levels can be solved in multiple ways.
- Play more than 50 levels within 3 different worlds
- Hardcore completionist gamers wanted – getting all the fragments, 100% of the achievements and secret bonuses
- Replay value – Time-attack, fragment collection or minimum number of pause goals in each level
- Leaderboards – once you’ve mastered the levels, will you be the fastest one?
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic, Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Czech, Finnish, Norwegian, Hungarian, Greek, Turkish
The game will not only utilize the Vita’s front touch, but also the rear; making use of the oft ignored function. However those looking for a more traditional experience will also be able to ignore these touch-centric functions in favour of a scheme more in line with its console counterpart, and for those who already have the PS3 version will be able to grab this at no extra cost.
Have you played it before? Or a puzzle/platform fan? Let us know what you think in the comments – we will have a review for you very soon. In the meantime you can get an idea of what the game is like from the trailer below.