A post on the PlayStation Blog clues us in on this pub-funded, limitless adventure of a game.
Axiom Verge looks like a complex throwback to retro-styled action games; the twist being that you can use “glitches” to break free of the normal limitations of the game.
Here’s the official description from the PlayStation Blog;
“Axiom Verge is a retro-styled 2D “Metroidvania” action-adventure, inspired by such classics as Rygar, Contra, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master, and, of course, Metroid. But it also gives you power over glitches like those found in classic games, allowing you to scramble enemies, corrupt environments, and enter hidden areas.”
- Expansive Non-linear Exploration of 9 labyrinthine, interlocking areas.
- Gobs of unique tools and abilities, loads of weapons, and tons of health/power/attribute upgrades.
- Combat with dozens of unique creatures and bosses.
- Glitches allowing you to break past the boundaries of normal gameplay.
- Speedrun Mode – Play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
Check out the trailer for some visual aide;
Or these screenshots for a closer look;
Axiom Verge is set to hit PlayStation Vita (and PS4) in early 2015, for more information please read the original post on the PlayStation Blog.