Boasting character designs from the man who worked on the Iron Man, Avengers and TransFormers films, we brought you the news last month that MechRunner had appeared on Kickstarter appealing for $25,000 to help finish it off. Set for release this summer it features “endless-style arcade action game mixed with fast and furious mode-changing mech action” according to the project’s page. Constantly on the go, missions could last seconds or minutes depending on your skill and feature the ability to switch forms along the way to causing some serious damage.
The main features are:
- Meticulously detailed, fast-paced action
- Switch between Tank and Robot modes on the fly
- Slice & Dice enemy units with your swords
- Extensive arsenal of weapons, customizations, and power-ups
- Unique environments that blend seamlessly together
- Procedurally generated levels for endless variety
- Numerous enemy types with different tactics
- Epic boss battles!
- Dynamic environment obstacles
- Unlockable skins, upgrades, and achievements
- Rescue civilians for extra points and rewards
- Amazing Hollywood quality soundtrack
Like what you see? Sounds like a bit of you? The game is on Kickstarter until May 17th and it needs another $18,000. If you would love to see it happen, why not throw a few pennies their way?