Thanks to explosion.com, we have discovered that the supermarket giant Tesco have a listing on their website for a Vita version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It’s slated for release on July 3rd (which is a Thursday, a day not normally reserved for UK game releases) for £20.
A turn-based tactical RPG and originally released in 2012 to high acclaim, the title sees set in the near future during an alien invasion of Earth, and you are in control of an “elite multinational paramilitary organization” called XCOM and your job is to protect the planet.
The listing reads:
“From the makers of Sid Meier’s Civilization comes a game about civilization’s last stand. As the commander of an elite paramilitary organization known as XCOM, you control Earth’s defenses against a terrifying alien invasion.This package includes the award-winning XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within expansion, plus all of the released add-on content.”
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Features:
- Strategic Base: Detect and intercept the alien threat as you build and expand your XCOM headquarters.
- Recruit, customize and develop unique operatives, manage your personnel, and negotiate with governments around the world.
- Tactical Combat: Direct your squad in fierce turn-based ground battles, engage in cover operation, and rescue civilians in crowded cities and desolate outlands around the world.
- Research Alien Technology: Recruit scientists and engineers to unlock more advanced weapons, armor and abilities.
- Multiplayer: Mix and match aliens and humans, and combine abilities to outsmart and overpower your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
- XCOM: Enemy Within Features;Additional Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives at a genetic level using Gene Mods or engineer MEC suits for heavy support in the field.
- Additional Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
- Additional Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new aliens, the Seeker and Mechtoid, and a new human enemy known as EXALT.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as MELD, has been released onto the landscape providing access to new research and upgrades.
We are filing this under rumours for now and have reached out to Tesco and 2K for more information. Any XCOM fans here? What do you think?