We finally get release dates for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 in the West, along with some new screens and a promo trailer.
We originally announced that Re;Birth 1 would be making its way West back in March, but now we’re back with more details and media to sink that hook of interest in deep ;).
If you don’t know what Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is all about, here’s the description from the Wikia page;
“In the world of Gamindustri there are four regions/Landmasses: Planeptune, Lowee, Lastation, and Leanbox. Each region has a Goddess who watches over it. The game however, begins at Planeptune, a modern-futuristic city. Neptune is the Goddess, though she does not remember and soon she runs into the others. The other landmasses are the steampunk city of Lastation, guarded by Noire, Lowee, the snowy magical land run by Blanc, and Leanbox, a grassy, older age town guarded by Vert. Together the four Goddesses must work together in order to put a stop to the oncoming evil known as Arfoire.”
Idea Factory International has just released a slough of new media for the game, including new screens and a new promotional trailer – but first let’s look at what makes this version different from the PlayStation 3 one;
- An overhauled battle system! Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 takes the original game and equips it with the battle system of Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory! This gives the player a more in-depth gaming experience!
- New scenario, new ending! The main story and event scenes are renewed from the PlayStation 3 version.
- The core storyline will remain mostly the same, but the conversations between characters are all new! A new ending has been added as well! This will allow players returning from the PlayStation 3 version to enjoy the game anew!
- New “Remake System”! A new system has been added to Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1: the “Remake System”! It lets players customize and make changes to the game itself by obtaining “Plans”!
- Receive Blank Discs to craft your own Game Discs! You can create unique equippable items by burning Idea Chips (abilities) onto Blank Discs! Depending on the Idea Chips used, a Godly Game may result, which will grant you an additional ability!
- DLC brings more playable characters and more! Additional characters will be playable through DLC; players can increase the level cap to 999; and additional monsters, quests, and dungeons will be available
Okay, so it’s got some new tricks in its bag – but you’re wondering what it looks like, right?
Let’s take a look at the promotional trailer;
We’ve got a ton of screenshots as well, delivered in four different categories;
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is set to be released on August 26th in North America, coming both in physical and digital copy – it’ll be released the next day (August 27th) in Europe, but will only be available as a digital copy.
It’ll also be available in Australia, but it wasn’t clear if that was on the 27th or at a later dated.
Are you excited? Let us know in the comments.