In addition to the four ninja teams coming forward from Shinovi Versus, Estival Versus is set to add a new team to the mix.
Scans from Famitsu magazine introduce us to the four new characters from this new team (starting from the left in the below image); Sayuri, Renka, Kafuru and Hanabi.
- Sayuri is an elderly woman who carries a large tobacco pipe that resembles a cane, and wears an arm band says “Lifelong Service.” She’s believed to be the leader of the faction.
- Renka is the oldest of the three sisters and wears a Chinese-esque outfit. As for combat, she wields a pair of sticks called “Raitei” as her weapon of choice.
- Kafuru is the youngest of the sisters and fights with a watergun. She’s also usually the target of Hanabi’s breast jokes due to her underdevelopment.
- Hanabi is the middle child; she’s so fond of festivals that she’s nealry always wearing a seasonal Japanese happi and headband. Her weapon of choice is an over-sized hammer.
Some additional details from producer Kenichiro Takaki;
- The new team’s characters also appeared in other games.
- A different form of Senran Kagura 2‘s Pair Battles has also been added.
- In Network Battles, which are based on those Shinovi Versus, there are plans to add more rules and increase the number of participating players.
- A new multiplayer mode will be available.
- In addition to clothes getting ripped up and damaged, they can also now get wet or dirty – with overly wet portions becoming see-through.
Senran Kagura: Estival Versus is due out in Japan on March 26th, 2015.
A limited edition will be available at launch, including a drama CD, theme song solo and arrange CD and five Niitengo (figurines) of characters from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy.