First, we are given a brief overview of the game’s story;
‘The world of Luminous Arc Infinity revolves around a group of girls known as “The Nine Pillars of Lapis.” Together, the Nine Pillars reign over the world and maintain order within it. By praying to Lapis and power their magic power into it, they ensure that the world remains preserved.
Once a year, imperial rites are held in this world. People come from all over the world in great numbers in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the emperor, crowding around inside the castle grounds during the leadup to the ceremony. Seed, a young man who trained under his master to become a Tone Echo Specialist, pays no heed to these crowds and decides to take a nap in a nook within the castle.
Soon enough, though, trouble arrives in the form of Amadeus, a shady organization whose members are disguised from head to toe in masks and robes. When Seed manages to save a girl that they attempt to kidnap, he finds himself on a path that will greatly change his life.
Thus Seed eventually sets off in search of the Pillars’ songs as he travels around the world.’
We are also told about the game’s flow and its characters. The game’s cast features the aforementioned Seed (who certainly lacks motivation), a doctor/inventor called Pulse and an oppai witch called Violette;
- Seed (voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto) – Lacking both motivation and the ability to open up to others about his feelings, Seed does have other attributes that do benefit him. Blessed with a sense of kindness and justice, Seed also has hearing so strong that he can hear other people’s heartbeats when in a quiet environment.
- Aqua (voiced by Yu Sarizawa) – With no self-confidence and an apparent shyness, Aqua (Seed’s younger sister-in-law) is a worrier who is always mindful of her older brother. It also appears that for someone of her age, Aqua still has a tendency to be childish at times.
- Pulse (voiced by Misaki Kuno) – Pulse is a doctor who also managed to invent a seemingly super technological machine. Although Pulse focused on research from a very young age, she is not very street smart. With most of Pulse’s time spent on inventing, there is little time for her to sleep. This makes her an excessively tense character.
- Violette (voiced by Yukana) – Magic, smarts, style, looks, she has it all. On the flip side, she tends to be a bit of a downer, but as someone rich in life experience with a natural knack for looking after others, she can nevertheless be counted on in a pinch. But pit her against an enemy and she becomes an especially cold and cruel person.
Luminous Arc Infinity will feature a number of systems that are typical to those found in an RPG, such as;
- Events – In Floatia, players will control the protagonist Seed and can enjoy everyday life with the other characters. As you progress through the story, various events and quests will occur.
- Battle Briefing – Before going into battle, you can choose which character you’re taking along. Players will be able to customize the abilities of each character.
- Battle – Battles are turn-based. Your actions’ timing depends on the command selected during your turn. This is an original system made for strategic battles. Additionally, given that the protagonist is a “Tone Echo Specialist,” he can support other characters with various commands.
- After Break – The familiar “After Break” system, in which you can become closer with other characters, returns. Through this, you can enjoy conversations with characters who participate in battle, and depending on the content of the conversation, the character’s intimacy level will increase.
Keep an eye on The Vita Lounge for more Luminous Arc Infinity news as it happens. For now though, why not check out some images from the game in our gallery below?