Japanese developers Arc System Works – probably best known to Vita owners for the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue titles – have just been in touch to let us know about their newest Vita title, Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy.
We were told that in Fantasy Hero: Unsigned Legacy, you can play the role of a well-spiked luchador, running around with three of your friends and punching and pile-driving the ever-loving spit out of anything that looks at you funny. Your main opposition will be Decoders, monsters which have governed your world for a long time, but after twelve years in your secret hideout it’s time to come and show them what you are made of.
Every foray into the wider world is a chance to grab weapons, rack up some levels, and pump up your skills, even at max level you won’t be able to fill out every branch on the skill tree, so you need to figure out how you want to customise your style, whether it’s punching, sword-fighting or shooting and it all depends on which character you’re playing as. The weapons can be used as they are, used to enhance the ones you’ve got, or you can convert them into completely different.
The game also features four player co-op through the campaign where you can earn special team skills and revive each other as needed!
Some of the features you can expect to see are:
• Choose one of four heroes to save the world, each featuring a different playstyle: slashing, wrestling, shooting, or punching with giant robot fists!
• Enhance or remodel weapons to create deadly combinations.
• Fully voice-acted heroes, supporting comrades, and enemies come to life as the story unfolds
• Complete your party with up to 4 player local co-op
• Explore the world further with new missions available as DLC.
• Re-color your characters with Character Color Packs DLC, including colors inspired by Guilty Gear and BlazBlue
The game is set to launch on December 2nd in the US, with more regions to follow in early 2015. We will bring you more news on the game as we have it and hope to bring you a review closer to release.