This weekend’s Taipei Game Show has netted us some fresh new information and gameplay video for the highly anticipated Sword Art Online: Lost Song.
First up, Dengeki Online caught up with producer Yosuke Futami to talk about the game – and got us some answers to a few of our burning questions, the following being relevant to the Vita version (via Gematsu);
- The story will take roughly 20 to 30 hours to complete.
- There are no character-specific endings, but each character does have his or her own episodes.
- A post-launch update will add a big new feature for online mode.
- You can access multiplayer from the beginning of the story. Completing quests will increase the number of areas you can visit, which will in turn increase the number of multiplayer quests you can do.
- There’s a large number of multiplayer quests.
- There are raw materials you can collect both online and offline for strengthening your weapon, but the probability of obtaining them offline is much lower. It’s also possible to take on more difficult quests with stronger enemies online. If there’s only one strong player in the party, however, clearing these quests will be difficult. Cooperation is important.
- Eir Aoi and Luna Haruna’s dual theme songs are themed around new characters Seven and Rain.
Additionally, some direct feed footage of Lost Song from the event has been recorded – with Gematsu explaining where to find the gameplay amongst the rest of the video’s content, as well as what it entails;
“Available in the video below, the first gameplay segment starts at 18:00 and shows Argo, Silica, and Lisbeth fly around and take on a dungeon. The second segment starts around 28:10 and shows Kirito, Silica, and Lisbeth challenge the Ratatoskr boss enemy before being ambushed by the Hildisvini boss.”
Check out the video below, noting the times above to see the ~16 minutes of gameplay;
Did you enjoy that little sneak peak?
Hopefully there’ll be more where that came from as we approach that Japanese release date of March 26th.