2 weeks after it’s initial release, Helldivers received it’s first batch of DLC in this weeks store update, but what does the DLC have to offer?
First of all here’s a trailer showing the packs off.
And here’s the packs described in more detail, thanks to a post on the PlayStation Blog:
Helldiver Commandos are the best of the best, specialists at being a one man army capable of leaving a wake of death and destruction. Though they are seen as one man armies, the Commandos value teamwork greatly due to their equipment. The Commando Pack contains:
- The Commando Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- SMG-34 ‘Ninja’: A silenced, compact, submachine gun with short reach and good accuracy. The silenced aspect has been debated much and there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.
- MLS-4X ‘Commando’: A multiple missile launcher system similar to the one used on the EXO-44. From its four barrels it fires seeking missiles at a high rate of fire; primarily an anti-personnel weapon, it can be upgraded to have limited anti-tank capabilities.
Helldiver Defenders are the unmovable objects of humanity, capable of holding their ground in any situation. They have a bulkier look and a helmet reminiscent of the knights of Old Earth and used to double as riot police before humanity unified properly. The Defender Pack contains:
- The Defender Uniform (Helmet, Armor, and Cape).
- CR-9 ‘Suppressor’: A semi-automatic rifle firing small fragmentation grenades. It is a volatile weapon but capable of devastating large masses of enemies, hence the nickname ‘Suppressor’.
- AD-334 ‘Guard Dog’: A backpack drone system, featuring an automated defensive combat drone armed with a small submachine gun. The drone circles ahead, firing at targets of opportunity and will land in the backpack to reload.
Support Helldivers are much loved by their squad mates and bring both firepower and medical aid to any squad they join. Wearing the classic grey cape with a black cross they project an aura of capable concern for fellow humans.
- The Support Uniform, a helmet, armor, and cape.
- LAS-16 ‘Sickle’: A carbine based on laser technology, modified to behave more as a regular assault rifle. It overheats quickly but well placed shots do excellent damage and the virtually unlimited ammunition is invaluable in tight situations.
- AD-289 ‘Angel’: A backpack drone system, with an automated healing and repair drone that will try to help all friendly targets in its vicinity. It will land in the backpack to refill the restorative substance.
Ranger Limited Edition Bundle
Don’t forget the still ongoing Limited Edition bundle, until 4/28. Citizens that enlist before this date will receive special Helldivers Ranger training at no added cost.
Helldivers specially trained in scouting and assassination of high value targets, these Rangers are the first to drop into the unknown. Ranger training was standard procedure for all Helldivers in the early days of Super-Earth, but has now become rarer.
- The Ranger Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape.
- LHO-63 ‘Camper’: A designated marksman rifle with high power and accuracy traded for fire rate, few enemies take more than a few shots to kill.
- ‘Humblebee’ UAV: An Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, capable of revealing enemies and hidden objectives at greater distances.
Also announced were some statistics from the first two weeks of gameplay;
- 4.2 billion shots fired by the Helldivers (avg. accuracy 38%)
- 500 million enemies of Super-Earth neutralized (killed)
- 772 thousand planets liberated
- 53 thousand cape spinning Trophies earned