Atlus has released a brand new class-focused trailer for their upcoming release of Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal.
While it’s true that the class system in this dungeon-crawling RPG isn’t limited to five classes, you have to start somewhere – right? This new trailer from Atlus showcases the five starting class choices of the game; Fighter, Magic User, Scout, Maid, and Spieler.
Check it out below;
These class choices have been explained further in this synopsis (via NicheGamer);
- Fighter: Standard melee damage dealer, has skills for basic defense as well as attacks. With high HP and strength, they can be the vanguard of the party.
- Magic User: The basic class can use all elemental damage-dealing spells. They can use the basic healing spell as well, making them an invaluable asset to the party.
- Scout: A master of speed that can attack when the enemy lets their guard down, and can also steal money. Because they can use both daggers and bows, they can change their fighting style to fit your needs.
- Maid: Though not good with physical attacks or magic, they can provide special support without using TP or needing casting time. The unsung hero type.
- Spieler: This class is literally a wild card. The most powerful of the Spieler abilities are high-risk, high-reward gambles, so choose them for your party carefully! They can make a HUGE difference in battle.
After taking on one of these classes, your character will be locked to that basic path – however it’s notable that upgrading your intermediate and advanced classes when they become available can alter your stats well beyond what the base class offers.
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal is set to release this Summer in North America, with a European release to follow in the Fall.