Developers Kenichi Ogasawara and Takashi Morinaka have shed some more light on the upcoming Toukiden 2 in this weeks issue of Famitsu magazine.
It was revealed that Toukiden 2 would be coming to the PlayStation Vita during the SCEJA Press Conference at TGS2015 and now we can share some more info about the title. Below you can see some key snippets from the Famitsu article;
- It was decided that it would be best to make a sequel sooner rather than later for Toukiden to become a new ‘poster title’ for Koei Tecmo.
- To make Toukiden 2 feel more immersive, it was decided that the game should become an open-world game.
- Toukiden 2 will take place in the same era and world of the first game.
- The game’s multiplayer population will be increased – but there will be some requirements to play online.
- Toukiden 2 will feature Cross-Play and Cross-Save functionality between the PlayStation Vita and the console versions.
- Koei Tecmo will release a demo for the title prior to release in order to get feedback from players in a similar fashion to the demos released for the previous titles in the series.
Set to release for the PlayStation Vita in 2016, be sure to keep tabs on The Vita Lounge for all the Toukiden 2 news you will need between now and its release!