“Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making a Vita game!!”
That’s right. The folks at Virtual Toys have no announced their latest in a series of games based on licensed characters. This time they have announced Phineas and Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz featuring the upstart geniuses from the Disney Channel’s popular show.
Doofenshmirtz is up to his old tricks and this time he has invented a weapon that turns ordinary household appliances into monsters for his minion army. It’s up to Phineas and Ferb (as well as their pet platypus Perry) to concoct new inventions in their workshop to defeat this new menacing threat.
The story, which was created in cooperation with Disney, will take the boys to a number of locations, from Danville and the Tri-State area to the center of the earth. The game promises to be filled with explorable areas, treasure to collect, and puzzles to solve… all while battling against evil toasters.
According to Sony, some of the key features you’ll experience are:
- Explore five challenging, exciting environments – from Phineas and Ferb’s local neighborhood to a secret flying base and even the center of the earth.
- Play as Phineas, Ferb and Perry the Platypus; helped (and hindered) by other favorite characters from the show.
- Discover secret areas in each stage and revisit locations to hunt down hidden treasures.
- Craft new, more powerful ammo in Phineas and Ferb’s workshop.
- Collect tokens during the adventure to spend on new outfits and ammo types.
- Complete the game to unlock cool costumes, then design your own AR Robot and make it dance before your eyes with the rear camera on the PS Vita system.
- Use the touch screen and analog sticks of the PS Vita system to control the action.
Virtual Toys have previously released Muppet Movie Adventures and Looney Tunes Galactic Sports, neither of which quite lived up to their full potential. We’ll find out how good Phineas and Ferb is when it launches on November 4.
Until then, check out some of the screenshots in the gallery below.