Bandai Namco has released a new update to Extreme VS Force in Japan, upping the roster and tweaking the game for more settings and more options.
Version 1.03 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force has been released into the wild, and updating will net you some very nice changes.
The first of these changes we’ll take a look at is the new “Course Battle Mode” – a single player mode where you can take on a CPU character in a Cost Battle Mission. You’l have eight courses available and 73 missions to take on, with the highest level course (H) being a boss-rush mode. All suits available in Extreme Force Mode will be available in Course Battle Mode, and by clearing courses you can earn GP for use in Extreme Force Mode.
Moving on, we also get the much welcome addition of a custom button configuration – allowing you to remap buttons to your will… even for specific modes. Even the select button, touch screen regions, and R2/L2 (on PlayStation TV) will be available for mapping after this update.
Additional cosmetic chances include the injection of a screen before free battles, and the ability to select a Mobile Suit and jump back in to any Extreme Force Mode mission.
Lastly, we have the introduction of six new Mobile Suits;
- Mack Knife from Gundam Reconguista in G (2000 Cost, piloted by Mask)
- Gundam Physalis from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (2500 Cost, piloted by Anavel Gato)
- Master Gundam from Mobile Fighter G Gundam (3000 Cost, piloted by Master Asia)
- Turn X from Turn-A Gundam (3000 Cost, piloted by Gym Ghingham)
- Strike Freedom Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (3000 Cost, piloted by Kira Yamato)
- 00 Gundam from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (3000 Cost, piloted by Setsuna F. Seiei)
Sound good? We’ll do you one better – check the updates out in this new video;
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force is available now in Japan and is headed West later this year.
Update ’em if you’ve got ’em. 😉