Falcom has listed new information for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana which gives information on the day one patch and DLC.
Patch 1.01 will add various features such as:
- Time Attack Mode – After beating the game you can play Time Attack Mode where you can freely battle against bosses.
- Tips – You’ll be able to view a vast number of tips from your Adventure Journal.
- Support for DLC
- Minor bug fixes
There will be a number of DLC packs that will be available from 21st July.
- Free Trial Set 1 (Cost: 0 yen) – Let’s you use a ‘Tempest’s Secret Medicine’ which will raise your character’s level by one for free.
- Free Trial Set 2 (Cost: 0 yen) – A set of HP recovery items including cranberry pie, coconut palm, mango, and dragontree fruit.
- Pirates of the Absolute Boundary Costumes (Cost: 300 yen each)
- Feena, Lilia and Fact Dolls (Cost: 100 yen each)
- Stylish Glasses Set – Amber Glass, Monocles, and Skull Patch (Cost: 100 yen)
- Stylish Sunglasses Set – Natural Gray, Black Crowned, and Lovely Heart (Cost: 100 yen)
- Ancient Mask Set – Mask of the Sun, Mask of the Moon, and Mask of Eyes (Cost: 100 yen)
There will also be other item sets available to buy which will be useful for HP recovery or to give you an advantage in battle.
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana is due out in Japan on July 21. I’m not usually a fan of pointless outfit & accessory DLCs but I have to admit that those dolls are pretty cute! What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!