Bandai Namco has shared some new screenshots for its upcoming flight action shooting game, Macross Delta Scramble. We also have details of some of the characters you’ll come across, the music available and details of the actual gameplay.
So, let’s start off with some information on how the game actually plays out!
You’ll be able to fly about the Brisingr Globular Cluster (the game is based on the first half of the TV anime, up to episode 13). You’ll be set Main Missions which are made up of situations from the anime. But there are also extra missions where you’ll have to take on special missions that go outside the boundaries of the anime.
At the beginning of a mission you’ll take part in a briefing which will give you information on the mission you’re about to undertake. You’ll also be able to go into the settings to select your player character, variable fighter and support units.
The battles are 3D action shooting segments where enemy missiles will fly about all over the field. Special events can happen during battle and there is always the possibility of formidable enemies or allies appearing.
After completing a mission you’ll get given experience points and money.
You’ll have the ability to transform your Variable Fighter between three different modes:
Fighter Mode will allow you to quickly approach enemy forces with incredible speed. You’ll want to use this mode to try to strike the first blow.
Battroid Mode is perfect for close combat situations as it has missile-based counterattacks and melee combat.
Gerwalk Mode will allow you to eliminate enemy forces and facilities while still airborne. You’ll be able to get maximum firepower in this mode when shooting from a fixed location.
We also have details and screenshots of some of the characters you’ll have access to:
The mecha VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate) and pilot Hayate Immelman (voiced by Yuma Uchida).
Mecha VF-31C Siegfried (Mirage) and pilot Mirage Farina Jenius (voiced by Asami Seto).
Mecha VF-31F Siegfried (Messer) and pilot Messer Ihlefeld (voiced by Koki Uchiyama).
Mecha VF-31S Siegfried (Arad) and pilot Arad Molders (voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa).
Mecha VF-31E Siegfried (Chuck) and pilot Chuck Mustang (voiced by Shinji Kawada).
Mecha VF-1S Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijyo) and pilot Hikaru Ichijyo (voiced by Kenji Nojima) with songstress Lynn Minmay (voiced by Mari Iijima).
Mecha VF-25 Messiah (Alto) and pilot Alto Saotome (voiced by Yuichi Nakamura) with songstress Sheryl Nome (voiced by Aya Endo) and Ranka Lee (voiced by Megumi Nakajima).
There will also be the following guest characters:
- Fire Valkyrie
- Valkyrie (Mylene)
- Basara Nekki
- Mylene Flare Jenius
- Isamu Alva Dyson
- Guld Goa Bowman
- Myung Fang Lone
- Phoenix (Shin)
- Shin Kudo
- Sara Nome
- Rion Sakaki
- Mina Roshan
This game isn’t all about action though, if you activate a songstress skill then you’ll notice that the screen will become more showy. During the game you can freely choose the background music that will play during missions.
As well as the various songstresses and pilots from Macross Delta, there will also be lots of songstresses and pilots available from across the whole Macross series. You’ll be able to form a support unit of up to 5 characters. This will also include the tactical sound unit Walkure:
Kaname Buccaneer (voiced by Kiyono Yasuno)
Freyja Wion (voiced by Minori Suzuki)
Reina Prowler (voiced by Nao Toyama)
Mikumo Guynemer (voiced by Ami Koshimizu)
Makina Nakajima (voiced by Nozomi Nishida)
There will be 20 songs from the anime included in the standard edition of Macross Delta Scramble. Here’s a list of 10 of them:
- Ichido Dake no Koi Nara by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Koi! Halation The War by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Ikenai Borderline by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Bokura no Senjou by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Zettai Reido Theta Novatic by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Koi Obaeteimasuka by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- Iteza Gogo Kuji (Don’t Be Late) by May’n (Macross F)
- Seikan Hikou by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- Universal Bunny by May’n (Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime)
- Houkago Overflow by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
There will be a special edition of the game called Run Pika Sound Edition which will include 30 additional songs. Here’s details of 18 of them:
- Run ga Pikatto Hikattara by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Giritic Beginner by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Fukaku Teisei Cosmic Movement by Walkure (Macross Delta)
- Dog Fighter (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- Watashi no Kare ha Pilot by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- 0-G Love by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- Macross by Makoto Fujiwara (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- Shao Pai Long by Mari Iijima (The Super Dimension Fortress Macross)
- Tenshi no Enogu by Mari Iijima (Macross: Do You Remember Love?)
- Tri-Angler fight on stage by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- Lion by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- Infinity #7 by May’n (Macross F)
- Northern Cross by May’n (Macross F)
- Anata no Oto by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F)
- Obelisk by May’n (Macross F: Itsuwari no Utahime)
- Niji Iro Kumakuma by Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
- Get it on ~Kousoku Cry Max by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
- Sayonara Notsubasa ~the end of triangle by May’n and Megumi Nakajima (Macross F: Sayonara no Tsubasa)
Macross Delta Scramble is due out in Japan on October 20th, first-print copies of the game will include a download code for the the “VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate)”.