A light novel remake of the sound novel original is headed our way early next year according to Spike Chunsoft.
The latest from Weekly Famitsu has revealed the existence of Kamaitachi no Yoru: Rinne Ayana, a remake of the Chunsoft-developed Super Famicom sound novel game Kamaitachi no Yoru. It’s headed to PlayStation Vita in early 2017 as a light novel with illustrations, and we’ve got preliminary details.
First up is the title’s description, which goes a little something like this in the original;
“[Kamaitachi no Yoru] is a thrilling visual novel that takes readers on a deadly thrill ride of murder and deception. Set in a snowed in hotel lodge during Christmas, vacationers find themselves caught up in a murderous “whodunit” game when someone winds up dead. Local legend tells of a banshee whose screams can rip through flesh, but, is the killer really a deadly monster or the work of a madman?
An inventive twist on the traditional novel, [Kamaitachi no Yoru] allows readers to make decisions, each unlocking several unique stories and endings. Added to the mix is a soundtrack befitting of a thriller novel and images to set the mood.”
Well next up we’ve got staff details for the project, and it seems that the game will feature an original scenario by Takemaru Abiko, illustrations by G-senjou no Maou and Sharin no Kuni, character design by Himawari no Shoujo‘s Alpha, and additional scenarios by Higurashi When They Cry‘s Ryukishi07. The game will be overseen by Spike Chunsoft, so you can be sure that the project is in good hands. 😉
Get a quick look at the title so far below;
Lastly, we’ve got word on the cast list – which is as follows;
- Toru, the Protagonist (cv; Ryota Osaka)
- Mari Kobayashi, the Heroine (cv; Satomi Akesaka)
- Jiro Kobayashi (cv; Kenichiro Matsuda)
- Kyoko Kobayashi (cv; Noriko Rikimaru)
- Toshio Kubota (cv; Kentaro Ito)
- Midori Shinozaki (cv; Eri Sendai)
- Kanako Watase (cv; Minami Takahashi)
- Aki Kawamura (cv; Ayano Yamamoto)
- Keiko Kitano (cv; Mariko Honda)
- Seiichi Kayama (cv; Taiten Kusunoki)
- Haruko Kayama (cv; Yu Asakawa)
- Yosuke Mikimoto (cv; Hiroshi Shirokuma)
Kamaitachi no Yoru: Rinne Ayana is headed to the Vita on February 16th, 2017 in Japan – priced at 6,800 yen. Are you looking to pick it up?