Square Enix’s Japanese website has announced a date and details for their regional version of the game’s 1.02 update.
According to the patch notes, it looks like owners of the Japanese version of the game will be getting an event scene viewer called ‘Theatre Mode,’ a DLC check for the voice data on the Vita version (and a prompt if it’s not there), a ‘puzzle switch’ requirements notification, a hint at where to get your reward from the ‘Vestiges of Life’ quest, and some bug fixes when this patch drops – the date set for January 12th, 2017 in Japan.
The full patch notes are below (thanks Gematsu), and apply to all platforms unless otherwise noted.
- Added “Theater Mode” to title menu – View the event scenes that occur during the game again at any time via Theater Mode.
- Added PS Vita version voice data download guide – A DLC check is now done when you select “From the Beginning” or “Continue.” If you haven’t downloaded the voice DLC, the game will start following a system message.
- Added a “Puzzle Switch” activation notification – A message is now displayed when you meet the requirements to activate a “Puzzle Switch.”
- Added a ‘how to be rewarded notification’ when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest – A hint message is displayed when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest. If you have already cleared the quest and did not receive a reward, a hint message will be displayed at Sylver Park.
- PlayStation 4 Pro support fix – Fixed a bug that blurs the screen when connected to a 2K monitor.
- Other bug fixes
World of Final Fantasy is available now in all major regions, but the patch has only been confirmed for the Japanese version as far as we can tell. If that changes, we’ll be sure to let you know. 😉