1. Hello Guest! Welcome to the forum for The Vita Lounge, an independent PlayStation Vita community! We want to provide the best community for our members to discuss the PlayStation Vita, so if you are a fan of Sony's handheld, why not register? It's free and getting involved will enable to you enter our monthly game giveaways!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! If you have visited The Vita Lounge for a while then you will know how much we love the system, and with the website, forum, podcast, YouTube, and magazine alongside our social media presence we will always try to cover the Vita as best we can. That said, we want to improve and we need your help.

If you love what we do and have the means to do so, we would really appreciate some help on our Patreon! Whether you want early access to the e-magazine from $1, a unique forum name colour, or even a print copy of our magazine delivered to your door from $10, all of your help will enable us to become even better!

https://www.patreon.com/TheVitaLounge

Dismiss Notice

New Profile Posts

1. Akros
    Akros
    Toukiden 2 is insanely fun
    1. Zero Eternity likes this.
    2. View previous comments...
    3. Miguel
      Miguel
      I m almost at the end game, spending time now upgrading
      Mar 30, 2017 at 10:19 PM
    4. Akros
      Akros
      Well, some people just like to rush through the story. I'm in no hurry with Toukiden 2.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 11:01 PM
    5. zodaex
      zodaex
      I'm so glad this game has a demo!
      Mar 30, 2017 at 11:11 PM
  2. zodaex
    zodaex DojoDan
    I've got a U.K. Minecraft PSN code I don't need if you'd like it.
    1. DankZaku and coachjjs75 like this.
    3. Phil Wyatt
      Phil Wyatt
      I have a UK friend with a Vita who mentioned about getting Minecraft if you still fancy donating to a good cause :)
      Mar 30, 2017 at 2:48 PM
    4. coachjjs75
      coachjjs75
      that is cool that you sharing !!!
      Mar 30, 2017 at 7:07 PM
    5. zodaex
      zodaex
      PM Sent Phil.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 11:07 PM
  3. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I really wish Sony would make the Vita's UI uniform with PS4's UI. Like PS3 and PSP for example. Vita is in dire need of overhaul. IMO
    1. Miah and zodaex like this.
    3. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      I do agree with you that PS3 and PSP XMB was a great way to organize a console. I really liked the XMB as well. PS4's Live Area is just a spiritual successor to the XMB. Vita's bubble UI? That's just a nasty bastard stepchild, an abomination by UI standards even at time of release in 2011/2012! LOL
      Mar 30, 2017 at 3:28 AM
    4. Kyle
      Kyle
      Yeah, don't agree with you on this one - the PS4 UI is crap for any sort of power user. Much worse than the Vita.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 9:34 AM
    5. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      I'm not sure what to say. I really like the PS4's UI. :-/
      Mar 30, 2017 at 1:15 PM
  4. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    God damn! The new Xbox One system update is a sloppy mess! The UI is worse than the one before it. MS seriously just needs to copy PS4's UI.
    1. 3VOLVE
      3VOLVE
      Worse than the Windows Phone / Windows 8 UI? Heh.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 1:00 AM
      Renegade Bastard likes this.
    2. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Hahaha! Yeah, Windows Phone AND Windows 8 UI are pretty atrocious! LOL
      Mar 30, 2017 at 2:20 AM
  5. 3VOLVE
    3VOLVE
    I just wanted to clear something up about the mobile vs handhelds debate, as a developer myself. Please read... https://goo.gl/4WcdV4
    1. View previous comments...
    2. 3VOLVE
      3VOLVE
      But the argument was that Mobile was killing off handhelds. And that simply isn't the case for a "good and supported" platform. Regardless I do hope Sony tries again but seeing as how they ported everything to PS4 and PSVITA shares most of its would be exclusives they are just killing it off themselves.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 7:28 AM
    3. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Exactly. That's why I'm not too sure if Sony would ever do another handheld. They themselves are really driving their own handheld into the ground by releasing all of it's exclusives on the PS4 as well as putting out even far better exclusives that can only be played on PS4.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 7:45 AM
      3VOLVE likes this.
    4. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Mobile had a small impact on Vita's sales for sure, but not enough to ruin Vita. Sony cannibalized their own handheld. :(
      Mar 30, 2017 at 7:46 AM
  6. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I decided to go for NieR: Automata vs Persona 5! I just placed my order. I can't wait to get my hands on 2B and her sexy Android ass! :D
    1. Zero Eternity, zodaex and 3VOLVE like this.
  7. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Lol bought "Invizimals" for the Vita for €5, didn't get the game but a 8Gb card and "expired" game code pack.
    1. Vita_Girl
      Vita_Girl
      "Expired" because the code was valid till November 21st 2015, I tried the code and it worked :P (and I sold the memory card)
      Mar 29, 2017 at 8:04 PM
      zodaex likes this.
    2. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Oh my! :O
      Mar 29, 2017 at 10:35 PM
  8. Linkx41
    Linkx41
    Sony has announced a new first party title in development?!? Is this the twilight? :P
    1. Linkx41
    2. Vita_Girl
      Vita_Girl
      In fact it doesn't confirm anything, Vita was and is doing well in Japan so that could happen over there but not in the west, but if there is fait in Vita maybe Sony will replace it with a new handheld and do it better this time.

Maybe, I'm sure nothing will happen because Sony only cares about quick cash cows like PS4.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  9. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    My copy (with only JP cover) of I Am Setsuna sold within an hour of posting it lol. Unfortunately, Heavy Arm emailed me back saying the...
    2. Linkx41
      Linkx41
      Anything was going to do better then the Wii U, that system only outsold the Virtual Boy lol
      Mar 29, 2017 at 7:14 PM
      Pata likes this.
    3. Mr Tornado
      Mr Tornado
      Ah, you recovered your stolen copy? (Can't remember if it was the cart or box that got nicked)
      Mar 29, 2017 at 7:50 PM
    4. DankZaku
      DankZaku
      It was just the case/artwork. Still had the game and the other cover
      Mar 29, 2017 at 9:51 PM
  10. 3VOLVE
    3VOLVE
    Animation. It's not to be trifled with no don't fk with em. If you don't have patience then you will lose your soul.
    2. 3VOLVE
      3VOLVE
      I'm doing Animation for a story I've spent two years writing.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM
      Zero Eternity likes this.
    3. Zero Eternity
      Zero Eternity
      Oh cool, I hope it goes well for you.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 11:52 PM
    4. 3VOLVE
      3VOLVE
      Thanks. I know it will.
      Mar 30, 2017 at 1:00 AM
  11. Miah
    Miah
    Sure is fairly quiet right now, everyone out playing Salt & Sanctuary?
    1. FearlessSasuke likes this.
    2. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      I'm waiting on physical release. I'm not interested in the game digitally.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 10:01 AM
      zodaex likes this.
    3. zodaex
      zodaex
      I can already play it on PC threw Steam family game sharing so i'm definitely waiting on the physical as well.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 2:40 PM
  12. Kyle
    Kyle
    1. FearlessSasuke and AllHasRed like this.
    3. FearlessSasuke
      FearlessSasuke
      Isn't he working on that Kickstarter game, geez how many games can he make at once???
      Mar 28, 2017 at 6:47 PM
    4. Kyle
      Kyle
      Death Tales is at the end of development, and Plague Road is coming along much faster than anticipated from what I've heard and seen.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 12:42 AM
    5. 2048Dan
      2048Dan
      That looks really cool.
      Mar 29, 2017 at 6:51 PM
  13. Kyle
    Kyle
    There's a new Vita game being announced in the morning, check the front page when you wake up. ^_^
    1. Miah
      Miah
      Ooooohh front page news! I'm all a quiver
      Mar 28, 2017 at 4:05 AM
      Kyle likes this.
    2. Zero Eternity
      Zero Eternity
      Must be something you're really looking forward to if you're hinting at it ahead of time. Should be interesting.
      Mar 28, 2017 at 5:09 AM
  14. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I'll consider wrapping up my visit here at TVL soon. As I no longer have much interest in Vita anymore, kinda no reason for me to be here?
    1. coachjjs75 likes this.
    3. ninty72
      ninty72
      Thanks for popping in !! :D
      Mar 27, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    4. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Mar 27, 2017 at 11:14 PM
    5. zodaex
      zodaex
      :[
      Mar 28, 2017 at 3:32 AM
  15. 3VOLVE
    3VOLVE
    When you crave for new Vita games and you have the money and can't spend it. The struggle is real.
    1. Zero Eternity likes this.
    3. Retro8bit
      Retro8bit
      Go for cheap imports, helps when the bug hits.
      Mar 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM
    4. 3VOLVE
      3VOLVE
      Renegade you have a strange obsession dude. No thanks. I'm going to stick with my Vita mostly. I travel. Plus PS4 games are more expensive and you have to have online.
      Mar 27, 2017 at 12:50 AM
    5. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Online is optional for PS4 after initial setup. No "Always Online" required. ;)

I'm just trying to help you cure the blues. PS4 Pro cured my gaming blues.

If you travel a whole lot, consider a laptop? Best solution for media consumption, getting work done, and gaming while on the go. :)
      Mar 27, 2017 at 1:03 AM
  16. FearlessSasuke
    FearlessSasuke
    So that Altus stream had no vita games, just 3DS and PC releases, shame.
  17. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Come on, LRG! As soon as I receive my copies of Runner2 (Vita) in the mail, I'm getting one of those fuckers traded for Horizon: Zero Dawn!
    1. zodaex and jotwo like this.
    2. zodaex
      zodaex
      I've got two Runner2s myself i'm trying to trade off. :p
      Mar 29, 2017 at 11:40 PM
    3. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Hahaha! Yeah... I ordered the games, then realized I didn't give a shit about that game and impulse purchased it! So I'll be trading for Horizon Zero Dawn / posting on eBay. LRG has great releases from time to time, but not all of them are keepers. LOL
      Mar 30, 2017 at 12:03 AM
  18. Miah
    Miah
    News is GS is closing ~150 stores, makes me a bit sad since that's usually the best place/price for the more common Vita physicals
    1. Retro8bit likes this.
    3. Kyle
      Kyle
      Being that they've been using underhanded practices for the last 20 years, it's no wonder it's finally catching up with them. Fuck 'em.
      Mar 27, 2017 at 2:33 AM
    4. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Kyle is absolutely right. GameStop has been running shady business practices and high pressure sales every since I was just a teenager and visiting their stores. I'm in my early 30's now, and that company hasn't changed one bit. It's amazing they've stayed in business this long if you ask me.
      Mar 27, 2017 at 3:46 AM
    5. Retro8bit
      Retro8bit
      I definitely agree! Aside from Gamestop, the only places to buy Vita games are retro mom n' pop stores, and we don't have many of those. :(
      Mar 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM
      Miah likes this.
  19. rajat
    rajat
    In Dubai for few days !! what to buy ? Time to buy switch !?
    1. DankZaku likes this.
  20. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    *reads the forum* Guess someone is bored and needs to grow up...
    2. Kyle
      Kyle
      What's funnier is that it takes a single click to remove it all. ;)
      Mar 26, 2017 at 6:37 AM
    3. Zero Eternity
      Zero Eternity
      Speaking of, who is Takao? I keep seeing it in shitposts regarding you from your rather devoted fan. Is it the name of a developer you review a lot like Senran Kagura?
      Mar 26, 2017 at 7:27 AM
    4. Kyle
      Kyle
      It's another forum member, and this is that same ''fan.''
      Mar 26, 2017 at 8:49 AM
      Zero Eternity likes this.
  21. Miah
    Miah
    Wife picked up R-Type & Raiden 4 for PS3 on sale, Dammit why can't we have all these for Vita?
    1. Renegade Bastard and Miguel like this.
  22. 3VOLVE
    3VOLVE
    I want to get that new Digimon coming to Vita. Seems they are being smart about it and actually sending over both versions.
  23. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Sitting here at work, thinking how cool it would have been if the Vita really flourished. I could be playing Mass Effect Trilogy right now.
    1. Trashed likes this.
    2. Retro8bit
      Retro8bit
      I'm sure with the right team behind it, the game would easily rival it's console brothers.
      Mar 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    3. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      No doubt. Mass Effect: Infiltrator on iOS / Android was a great start to demonstrate a portable Mass Effect game's potential!

I'd say get Bluepoint to do the ME Trilogy ports to Vita. They are one hella talented studio! I think they could pull it off. Just look at Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Vita. ;)
      Mar 25, 2017 at 9:12 PM
      Trashed likes this.
  24. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    1. 1 person likes this.
    3. Retro8bit
      Retro8bit
      He will be missed, always love his reviews. :(
      Mar 25, 2017 at 8:19 PM
    4. Renegade Bastard
      Renegade Bastard
      Agreed. Tyler was one cool cat! I liked his hair styles, too! ;)
      Mar 25, 2017 at 9:11 PM
      Trashed likes this.
    5. William
      William
      Shall be very missed indeed. On a bright note, I'm really enjoying his new direction. :D
      Mar 26, 2017 at 4:27 AM
  25. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    The US LE for Ar No Surge is the only physical copy right? No cheaper standard version somewhere?
    2. The_stats_guy
      The_stats_guy
      I have one where the outer box is squashed, but the plastic game case is sealed. not sure if i should keep sealed or open and play
      Mar 25, 2017 at 8:24 AM
    3. dunpeal2064
      dunpeal2064
      Its pretty fun, if you like Ar Tonelico or Gust games in general, I think you'd enjoy it. I'm not sure what the value change is for busting the seal though, fwiw.
      Mar 25, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    4. Retro8bit
      Retro8bit
      I'm pretty sure there is a Japanese version of the limited edition too.
      Mar 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM