Comments on Profile Post by Curtis

1. RK128
    RK128
    If your talking about its score, it has a fantastic one :). Really beautiful soundtrack with the battle theme really standing out :D!
    Aug 27, 2015
  2. Curtis
    Curtis
    Not just the score (and I did find something with pan flutes today) but the game as a whole, down to the sound effects and pacing. Gust is one of those devs who have an easily distinguishable style to most of their games.
    Aug 28, 2015
  3. RK128
    RK128
    The game is very musical with the Song magic and the like, so it makes sense that its sound design is really well done :D.
    Aug 28, 2015
  4. Curtis
    Curtis
    The funniest thing is that Gust Always, Always reuses some assets in their games (usually enemy sprites or items, minor stuff) and that's fine. But even as an entry in the Ar Tonelico series, Ar Nosurge has a completely different art style and setting so they had to make everything from scratch. You can trust Gust to always find the one thing they can reuse, in this case it's sound effects.
    Aug 28, 2015
  5. RK128
    RK128
    I would say that is a very smart business move :). Ensures that the great content you make can be used across a number of games.
    Aug 28, 2015
  6. Curtis
    Curtis
    Smart, and every time I buy something from a vendor I get a little pang of nostalgia since the 'cha-ching' sound is the same as in Mana Khemia.
    Aug 28, 2015