Comments on Profile Post by Karl Smith

1. FearlessSasuke
    FearlessSasuke
    Yea the vita is a three year old machine, I kinda hope Sony does something similar to what nintendo did with the upgrade from 3ds to new 3ds.
    Sep 2, 2015
  2. Unknownwolf
    Unknownwolf
    Do not be worried, there are plenty of games for 2015-16. Most Indie developers that port there games to vita need to change somethings and so it can work with the vita, that is why a lot of games get delayed for the vita because they have trouble optimizing it for the vita. Some do it better then other though
    Sep 3, 2015
  3. Pata
    Pata
    No, they just need to hire porting teams with a better grasp of the Vita's hardware. If you hire teams with no experience in porting to Vita, it's likely that the ports suffer from technical problems due to the lack of knowledge of the hardware. Someone with experience has less chance of doing a bad port.
    Sep 3, 2015
  4. RK128
    RK128
    The Vita will be fine software-wise for 2015-2016 :D.

A lot of indie games and JP titles are still coming over and a lot of big releases are coming next year (Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Mighty No. 9, Shatae: Half Gene Hero, ect) plus a lot of localization's/indie/port announcements we don't know are coming yet :D.
    Sep 3, 2015
  5. RK128
    RK128
    2017 and 2018 is when we should be worried, but thanks to Armpture giving other studios UE4 Dev Kits for free once the Vita port of Bloodstained lands, expect a LOT of games to come to the Vita thanks to that :D.
    Sep 3, 2015
  6. VietLe
    VietLe
    Porting has been a game of hit and miss on every console (see PC for example). As long as there are ports I am happy. Moreover, a lot of games developed for the VITA are still coming so I wouldn't be worried about the VITA anytime soon.
    Sep 3, 2015