Comments on Profile Post by Vita_Girl

1. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Damn that's gonna be an exciting little wait. :) Got anything to play in the meantime?
    Nov 8, 2016
  2. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    40 other Vita games :P (and a lot more PC and other console games)
    Nov 8, 2016
  3. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    I was surprised there was no CD in there for £60...so i'm hoping the artbook is really nice as those are the 2 items i enjoy in LE's. The rest are just nice collectables to go in a box somewhere
    Nov 9, 2016
  4. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    True, SK:EV had a 2 cd soundtrack, I don't care for the cards in Fate/Extella so I hope that hardcover artbook and cloth poster are nice.
    Nov 9, 2016
  5. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Nice! I am still debating about canceling my order from Gamestop and getting the LE. Hmmm decisions decisions...
    Nov 10, 2016
  6. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Am I the only who's kinda gotten tired of limited editions this generation? i find it really exciting to find a manual with a vita game but now every minor game has a limited edition version now.
    Nov 10, 2016
  7. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    Each to their own... i believe they are what keeps the game production profitable, which is all good in my eyes
    Nov 10, 2016
  8. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    I do get the occasional LE if I find it's novel to the game in use but the standard artbook and soundtrack? I feel like being on a system where games are hard enough to come by earns that value anyway.
    Nov 10, 2016
  9. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    I'm very picky with LE editions, I only got the ones from Senran Kagura games and this would be the 3rd one, I only buy and LE if I REALLY want to so the LE has to be nice for what I expect from it and my interest in the game must be big enough to consider an LE.
    A soundtrack would be nice, but a cloth poster is good enough, I care also about the fact that the artbook is a hardcover one.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  10. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Talking about artbook, the one from Shinovi Versus is artbook and a simple guide of all characters in the game, No idea if the one from Fate/Extella would be that too.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  11. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    That's actually really sweet. :) I mean one game I think really does an LE right is Sorcery Saga with it's bib and curry plate :P I find that so fittingly hilarious. If it's a game you really like I love adding a little bit of detail for the fans.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  12. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Sorcery Saga is a good game which a lot of people don't know, the LE is indeed hilarious but not worth for me, I'm more of a artbook, soundtrack, statue/figurine and cloth poster person :P
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  13. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Haha! Gotta love a Vita_Girl, eh? ;) I may have to look into getting those Senran Kagura LE's though I still haven't played any games in the series yet. :P I've heard it plays like DW but with less clothes?
    Nov 10, 2016
  14. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Everybody makes that mistake, DW is a tactical action game where SK is an beat m up game, it's very nice and fast paced and the story is good in my opinion, sadly a lot of people judge it by that 5% sexyness of it...
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  15. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Aw that's my bad I guess after the stupidity that was Gal Gun I sort of had a low guard about a few games. That said I remember the girls in Senran being highly charismatic. Good story?
    Nov 10, 2016
  16. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    In my opinion SK has indeed a good story (especially SV and EV).

Story can be sometimes strange and *out of context, but a lot of times it's about rivalry, friendship and real life issues.

*out of context = they start to talk about boobs out of nowhere lol

Deep Crimson 2 story is OK but they made it to complicated that in the end it doesn't make sense, Burst on the other hand follows partly the Anime.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  17. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Hahaha! :P An anime story that's strange when out of context? Now doesn't that sound like every series I've ever played. When it comes to a game like Senran Kagura what I'm really after is characters that stick with you long in the memory and you grow to care about. I don't mind sexualisation in a story but I always look for more.
    Nov 10, 2016
  18. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    HyperDimension Neptunia for example is an awesome story it's tongue and cheek but it's also not afraid to be it's own thing. Gal Gun on the other hand... -_- made me realise there is such a thing as overkill.
    Nov 10, 2016
  19. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Homura is 1 character from the game I liked the most, her story is sad but she is very passionate about what she does.

What I like the most about SK games is that the character roster is big (depends per game, on the Vita it's 20+) but every character feels different and most of them are balanced in their fighting.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  20. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    I do like the Hyperdismension games but from the rebirth ones second one is the best (but in fact they feel extremely same)

Gal Gun is overkill for me too, also I'm not a fan of on rail shooter like games.

Dungeon Travelers 2 is also a good one, sadly a tad bit "to" oversexed sometimes but gameplay wise it's a solid dungeon crawler.
    Nov 10, 2016
    Adam Anouer likes this.
  21. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Haha! :) That's really sweet. Well next time I head down Kilburn I'll be sure to pick up Estival Versus though I may need to wait a while on Deep Crimson. My favourite Neptunia game is actually Action Unleashed because call me a simpleton but...I love me some hack and slash action ;)
    Nov 10, 2016
  22. Adam Anouer
    Adam Anouer
    Gal Gun rubs me the wrong way (I swear that pun was only half intended) because a game that pushes it's luck being sold at $35 new should definitely not have nearly $200 worth of DLC. I mean say what I like about Dungeon Travellers 2 at least it came with all it's included including some real gameplay and a story to boot.
    Nov 10, 2016