Comments on Profile Post by Retro8bit

1. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I have the game physically for my PSP-3000! :)

But yeah... Vita would be a better version for sure.
    Dec 31, 2016
    Retro8bit likes this.
  2. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Nice! I have the 1000 model, but would really like to be able to play it on a TV. Do you have a PSTV by any chance bro?
    Jan 1, 2017
  3. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I sure do have a PS TV. It's on the latest official firmware, though. I have a 32GB memory card inserted into that sucker!

The PSP-1000 is a decent model. A bit too heavy for my liking, but it is still a decent handheld. I have a pearl white PSP-3000. All my consoles / handhelds (PS4, XB1S, PSP) are white except my Vita. It's the bastard child, so I picked out a Neon Orange Slim to signify that.
    Jan 1, 2017
    Zero Eternity likes this.
  4. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I still want to get my hands on the Japanese version of the PSTV, it looks so sick! Oh and a PSTV stand to match. :)
    Jan 1, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  5. Simmi
    Simmi
    somehow I've never played any Persona games (except for Persona Q on the 3DS, which wasn't really good...) is it that good? I'm thinking of someday getting the bundle Persona games on the PSN :o
    Jan 1, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  6. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I think the Japanese Vita TV is compatible with NA PlayStation Store and physical releases as long as you update the firmware to a fairly recent version.

I want a Vita TV also, but I'm still happy with my standard default black PS TV micro console. I don't own or use a stand for mine. It sits flat nicely.

I do have a charging cradle for my Vita Slim! It rocks. I got it from Play-Asia. Genuine Sony product, too.
    Jan 1, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  7. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Simmi - Persona 3 is great! It acts as 1 part RPG and 1 part life simulator. By night you're a battle wielding anime hero, and by day a too cool for school high school student. Some people didn't like the dungeon in the game, which doesn't change much through the course of the game. You may want to play Persona 4 first since it fixes a lot of the issues found in 3.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Simmi likes this.
  8. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Renegade Bastard - I heard that the PSN stores are locked to the region that the Vita actually came from. Not sure if this applies to the PSTV as well, but I have a feeling it does. I currently have two PSTVs, one with Henkaku and one with the updated firmware. The anti-blastlist was just too sweet of a deal to resist. XD
    Jan 2, 2017
  9. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Bad intel you received Retro8bit I have a Japan import neon orange PS Vita Slim. I'm running the NA PlayStation Store on my handheld perfectly fine. I play physical releases from import, also. Both United Kingdom (PAL) and Hong Kong (English Asian) physical games work perfectly fine on my system and even accept the NA region game patches for title updates. (No DLC support, though)
    Jan 2, 2017
  10. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I was dabbling in Henkaku, but then just upgraded my PS TV as I had no interest to further pursue. Emulators are cool and all, but my Alienware M11xR3 laptop absolutely destroyed my PS TV in emulation capabilities. So I just use my laptop to emulate GameCube, Dreamcast, etc...
    Jan 2, 2017
  11. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I know of the Vita being region free (currently have 35 physical import games), but from what I had been hearing it was said that the PSN Store was locked to the region the device came from. Maybe this changed over the course of time, not sure.

As for Henkaku, I only use it for the anti-blastlist hack, which unlocks all Vita games being compatible with it, not for emulation. :)
    Jan 2, 2017
  12. Simmi
    Simmi
    Damn, you make is so sound great! I love old style JRPG (dungeons, grinding etc) and I also love life simulators (Rune Factory series, sims games, etc)! I'm definitely getting these games when I can! :) is there any romance though?
    and yes the PSN store is region locked unfortunately...
    Jan 2, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  13. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Then it's definitely a series you'll love! :) Yes you can date some of the characters in both Persona 3 and 4. It may interest you to note that in the PSP version of Persona 3 you can choose a female protagonist and date one of the guys.

Okay thank you so much, thought I was going crazy there for a second. XD
    Jan 2, 2017
    Simmi likes this.
  14. Simmi
    Simmi
    so we can be female in 3 and not in 4? That's odd :o Anyway, still great news, they're currently on sale (well 4 is) on the EURO PSN, I'm wondering if I should get it now for 5 € or wait to find a physical copy later for probably way more than 5 € x'D
    Jan 2, 2017
  15. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Yeah, that was the only version of P3 where you could play a female role, all the other's are male only. With the exception of Persona 2: Innocent Sin on the PS1.

Sounds like a good deal if you don't mind going digital. :)
    Jan 2, 2017
    Simmi likes this.
  16. Simmi
    Simmi
    Yeaaah I took it XD
    Jan 2, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  17. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Whoo congrats on your purchase! Let me know what you think of it. :D
    Jan 2, 2017
    Simmi likes this.
  18. Simmi
    Simmi
    thank you :'D I'll probably start playing it this week :3
    Jan 2, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  19. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Nice! Oh by the way, if you're getting Persona 4 its very heavily story based. The first 2 to 3 hours of the game are mostly just cutscenes, giving you only a few brief things to do inbetween. After that is when the game gets good. :)
    Jan 2, 2017
  20. Simmi
    Simmi
    oh man that's going to be painful XD Thanks for telling me :'D
    Jan 3, 2017