Comments on Profile Post by DankZaku

1. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    trend has been popping up in all sorts of markets over the past year. Honestly makes me cringe sometimes.
    Jun 6, 2017
  2. zodaex
    zodaex
    And the sad thing is technically and literally everything is limited in some way and to some degree. The Earth has a lifespan after all. Marketing has practically given the word "limited" a negative connotation now. Just like how they ruined the word "free" to the point where it's almost meaningless.
    Jun 6, 2017
  3. zodaex
    zodaex
    Free games on PS Plus.. Yeah free with a paid membership :p
    Jun 6, 2017
  4. Pata
    Pata
    Saying it's a limited thing it's just a marketing strategy to sell things, because people then have the urge to buy it, thinking they might not have the chance to buy anymore, but they don't think if it's really necessary for them to have that limited thing.

For companies, on one side can be a good to sell things at a faster speed but if they do overuse it can lead to people being burnt by the limited aspect.
    Jun 7, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.
  5. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    I sometimes feel myself getting caught into the hype. It doesn't help getting bombarded with "countdown" tweets either. Altho I have to say I haven't yet made a purchase just on hype alone that I didn't actually want, but it does start to get tedious.
    Jun 7, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.
  6. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    Collecting use to be a relaxed hobby, as and when. But now it's keep your eyes on stalks with 3 minute purchase windows. I suppose that's the difference with collecting old stuff as opposed to new stuff?
    Jun 7, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.
  7. Akros
    Akros
    Yeah, it's a huge pain in the ass and an awful waste of money. You can't get anything nowadays without having to fight for it :(
    Jun 7, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.