Comments on Profile Post by KaiserDragon

1. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    SNK needs to buckle down and make a new Metal Slug game. Oh and while they're at it a new Samurai Shodown too.
    Sep 23, 2017
  2. shadowman
    shadowman
    A new SS game has been rumoured for ages. I thought it'd be announced at this years TGS but no dice. They are working on something though, with KOF XIV out I think we should either get a new MS or SS next.
    Sep 23, 2017
  3. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Well at least we did get some Samurai Shodown on PSN while waiting...Anyone here played the NDS Metal Slug 7?
    Sep 23, 2017
  4. shadowman
    shadowman
    Samurai Shodown V Special on Vita/PS4 is brilliant. Playing it at the moment and its sooo good! Well worth the download if you love the series.
    I've played the console port of MS7 (MS XX). Its good, looks a bit ugly since its a handheld upresed onto a console but its a solid addition to the franchise with some ace bosses. Not the best in the series, but pretty great none the less.
    Sep 24, 2017
  5. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Samurai Shodown is kinda okay I guess...good fighter, just that their "Finishing Blow" feature is what turn me off from collecting the series.

shadowman, Console port? you mean you play the PSP's MetalSlug XX on the PS3?
    Sep 24, 2017
  6. shadowman
    shadowman
    XX was at least ported to the Xbox 360, where I played it. Not sure if it also got a PS3 port.
    Yeah, the finishing blows can be pretty brutal on V Special, especially on Mina, with that weird monkey thing crying when you finish her off. Even an annoying character like that didn't deserve that :(
    Sep 24, 2017
    KaiserDragon likes this.
  7. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Oh I see, Xbox 360.

Well the PSP version is available on VITA via PSN, I will keep that in my "to- get-list" for sometime in the future. The current price is rather steep in my opinion (approx. $30)
    Sep 25, 2017