Comments on Profile Post by Retro8bit

1. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I called it like a year or so ago. Hmm... maybe even longer actually.

Sony is all in on PS VR and 4K home console gaming. Especially more so now that the PS4 and Pro are selling so well.

Oh well, it is what it is. Mobile phone gaming is trash, but I do love my iPhone and a couple games I play on it at least. ;)
    Sep 27, 2017
    Pata likes this.
  2. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Maybe even better, Sony would screw it up again.

Renegade Bastard PSVR is still a flop to me, and in my country some shops want to get rid of it because it sells poorly.

4k on the other hand is fake on PS4 Pro, most games run at 1440p with upscale, even XBO X won't be true 4k for most games but does it better than Pro.

True 4k will stay on PC for a while till true next gen consoles come out.
    Sep 27, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  3. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Oh I agree, Vita_Girl, PS VR is a joke! I don’t own a headset to this day and will never buy into it.

As for PS4 Pro being “faux K” I know it is. I know Xbox One X is as well. Honestly? I’m against 4K. I would much rather ALL console games target 1080p / 60 fps. But, “4K” gaming is the new Sega “Blast Processing” It’s what sells these consoles. Smh. :(
    Sep 27, 2017
  4. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    I personally don't really mind the current situation. Games that I enjoy playing are still coming out in Japan and I need 1000+ hours to complete my backlogs.

I don't think "Mobile Games" are the only reason, it could also be that the "Western Market" aren't really into portable consoles...like how "Japan Market" aren't really into FPS games made by western developer.
    Sep 27, 2017
  5. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Renegade Bastard true, I always prefer 1080p 60fps on a console than 4k 30fps (only exception for 60fps are handhelds).

KaiserDragon I think that handheld market isn't getting smaller because of the smartphone one but because people think too simple and compare a 40 euro/dollar handheld game with free games like candy crush (bah).
    Sep 27, 2017
  6. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    So even while the handheld game is way better, people go for the free shit (because most mobile games are shit) because of the price.
    Sep 27, 2017
  7. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Yes, how the hell is a $40 game supposed to compete with FREE game? Damn mobile gaming! :(

Like 99% of people would just go the FREE route without a doubt and has been proven by lackluster 3DS and Vita sales vs Smartphone sales. The iPhone alone sells well over 200 million units per year! :O
    Sep 27, 2017
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  8. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Renegade Bastard to give you an example, someone called me strange and nuts because I have over 75 vita games, that person said "why would you spend money on overpriced handheld games and expecially on a dead system while smartphones have free cool games?"
    Sep 27, 2017
  9. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Well good smartphone games are ports from consoles (GTA, Dragon Quest and so on) and other games are f2p cashgrabs or other crap I won't spend more than 2 hours on it while that "overpriced" 40 euro/dollar game gives me 20, maybe even 50 or 100 hours of GREAT fun.

But most people don't think like that sadly...

(and most smartphones games aren't cool, but really crap)
    Sep 27, 2017
  10. zodaex
    zodaex
    Sony should (in my opinion) make a high end smart phone that literally has a Vita built into it and include a trigger grip.
    Sep 27, 2017
  11. Pata
    Pata
    Vita_Girl: I do think that the rise of smartphone gaming has had a significant impact on the downsize of handheld gaming.

When the DS and the PSP launched (the best era in terms of handheld hardware sales) there was no alternative in terms of portable gaming as smartphones were just starting and the old mobile games were just hard to get. (1/3)
    Sep 28, 2017
    Vita_Girl and Renegade Bastard like this.
  12. Pata
    Pata
    The irruption of smartphones and their integrated, easy-to-access store with apps and games changed everything as many people who gamed on handheld found that they could have access to games more easily on their phone without the need to had a second device on the bag. It was also helped by the fact that a sizeable part of the people who bought DSs & PSPs were just casual gamers (cont.) (2/3)
    Sep 28, 2017
  13. Pata
    Pata
    and by the fact that smartphone gaming popularized the F2P scheme.

There's also culture factors, for exemple, in western society watching someone playing videogames on a device different than a smartphone is often seen as a bad thing nowadays, or what you have said about that person.

Sorry about this wall of text and sorry Retro8bit for derailing the comments section. (3/3)
    Sep 28, 2017
  14. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Pata true

zodaex I think that would flop, see Xperia Play.

And even IF "Xperia Play 2" would be a succes, they would need to bring out a new one every single year specs wise, that's the big difference between gaming smartphone and consoles/handhelds, the latter one can last for few years with the same hardware.
    Sep 28, 2017
    Renegade Bastard and zodaex like this.
  15. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    For the moment, I couldn't start collecting for another platform. But in the long term, it is a shame that Nintendo won't have a competitor.
    Sep 28, 2017
  16. Miguel
    Miguel
    Well i read the all article on bloomberg and i think i saw something weird on the statement house gave.
    I line the facto they showed that even psp sales were down Hill since since 2008 so not vita fault.
    Now to what he said more spec.
    Sep 28, 2017
  17. Miguel
    Miguel
    "the company doesn’t have any concrete plans to take on Nintendo Co.’s Switch.", what i understand from this is that they are watching the switch sales ("House says he hasn’t seen any signs of the Switch having an impact on Sony’s sales"), so ps4 declining and switch incresing seems to be the changing point
    Sep 28, 2017
  18. Miguel
    Miguel
    Also combining this with the LRG MJR QA about people inside Sony loving the vita bit not the company Andrew house may be the ínside people and kaz is the company for sure, he already killed the Sony phones and vaio, so wouldnt suprise me the vita Being on is sight
    Sep 28, 2017