Comments on Profile Post by The_stats_guy

1. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Complete collection for Vita?! Don’t do it! Redirect additional spare funds to PS4 / PC / Switch instead!

There are some great games still coming for Vita, but a ton of duds as well. Don’t waste your money on those. LOL
    Oct 21, 2017
  2. shadowman
    shadowman
    Buy what you want to play. I'm the crazy kind of person that really does want to play all my Vita games, but if your not enjoying it then its not worth it. Plus the Switch and PS4 have been amazing this year.
    Oct 22, 2017
    DojoDan and Renegade Bastard like this.
  3. Digit
    Digit
    Call me if you decide you want to ditch certain things... ;)
    Oct 22, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.
  4. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I think you need to sit back and ask yourself "why" you're collecting them in the first place. Is it just for the sake of collecting? Are you planning to play everything in your collection? Could that money be better spent on something better to you? If so then I would probably abandon going for a complete set and just buy the games you really "want" to play. That's what matters.
    Oct 22, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  5. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    Take time to think about it and see if its really what you want. If you enjoy collecting then keep at it since you've come this far. But if you aren't enjoying it, just buy what you actually want to play and enjoy that. I personally only buy what I actually want to play, and a few randoms just to have variety in my set.
    Oct 22, 2017
  6. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    I have a really hard time spending money on something I know I don't want to play. Which is why I stopped the LRG complete set. Just too many duds for me to keep throwing money away.
    Oct 22, 2017
    DojoDan and Renegade Bastard like this.
  7. rajat
    rajat
    I think 2018 will be the last year for PS Vita, don't see too many physical releases happening, LRG will soon switch to The Switch and others will follow the suit
    Oct 22, 2017
  8. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    Thanks all, my wife and i were discussing the idea of buying a larger house, and how we could raise the funds... not sure i'm gonna sell anything quite yet, but definitely gonna stop buying every game. I have 240 unique games, so may continue again later
    Oct 22, 2017
    DojoDan likes this.
  9. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    Because i started late in the vita collecting game, I was averaging £400-500 on games per month, even while the wife was on maternity leave for the last year.
    Oct 22, 2017
  10. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    I've never been driven by collecting like with the vita... weird huh?
    Oct 22, 2017
  11. Mr Tornado
    Mr Tornado
    Can't really add anything here - all good comments. :) Are you continuing with your videogame vinyl?
    Oct 22, 2017
  12. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    I've almost completed what i want on the vinyl front, so i'll see that through. Plus they look amazing
    Oct 22, 2017
  13. Mr Tornado
    Mr Tornado
    Cool. Did you preorder the Valhalla vinyl? I see that they've done another pressing of it.
    Oct 22, 2017
  14. Akros
    Akros
    Mmm, that's a tough one. Why are you doubting?
    Oct 22, 2017
  15. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    Ordered through amazon uk to save on postage costs, but keeps getting pushed back. The date is now 27th so fingers crossed.
    Oct 22, 2017
  16. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    Just thinking how i am wasting money on games i wont play like LEs of romance games aimed at females, and i want to buy more ps4, switch and vinyl that i will actually enjoy.
    Oct 22, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  17. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Yeah, I “pass” on ALL otome games, myself. I’m not interested in trying to win a man’s heart whilst playing a video game. LOL
    Oct 22, 2017
    DojoDan likes this.
  18. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    I only buy what I want to play. And due to other hobbies coming back into preference (swings n roundabouts) I really do consider every choice. I enjoy keeping my spending to absolute necessities, like a personal challenge
    Oct 23, 2017
  19. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    Just to add, I've also been meaning to clear out a few I've grown not to like, and my PS2 collecting will get slimmed soon. Maybe have a new aim of being really focused but on any platform you like, you'll find your money will go much further, and it's enjoyable too.
    Oct 23, 2017
  20. zodaex
    zodaex
    Stats guy if you're looking to offload any of your super crappy games, i've been looking for Best of Arcade for a long time ;)
    Nov 12, 2017