Comments on Profile Post by Retro8bit

1. zodaex
    zodaex
    No clue but I've been preordering everything I can afford to in order to help extend it's lifespan as much as possible.
    Oct 31, 2017
  2. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Considering how quiet next year seems to be, I guess 1 year for bigger games from japan.

No idea when indie wise, they seem all to move to the Switch more and more.

But I do wonder what the very last non lrg type physical and digital Vita game will be.
    Oct 31, 2017
  3. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    From what I've been hearing the Vita will most likely be discontinued sometime next year. Companies like NIS are already hinting about moving to other platforms. All things considered though, we got about 5 years worth of life from the Vita, even after people kept saying it was already dead for so long. That definitely counts for something. :)
    Nov 1, 2017
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  4. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    For sure 2018 is the final year of any meaningful support for the Vita. There may be a final few games in 2019, but I highly doubt it. My money? Sony will End-of-Life the Vita in mid 2018 and that’ll be that. Sony’s final portable console.

Now how about that 4K HDR home console gaming and PS VR?! Smh...
    Nov 1, 2017
  5. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    The Western Market situation definitely doesn't look well. I say I'm with what everyone here has said, probably 1 or 2 year I guess with most being digital-only release.

The Japanese market seems to be going alright so far, they probably will still making games for VITA for years to come.
    Nov 1, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  6. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I really hope so. Regardless of how it ends, the Vita showed the world just how passionate a fan base can be!
    Nov 2, 2017
  7. zodaex
    zodaex
    Try to not forget that we got a new PSP release just 2 years ago. How much newer is the Vita than the PSP? I don't personally know because I dislike the PSP, but I trust you get my point. :)
    Nov 2, 2017
    Vita_Girl and Retro8bit like this.
  8. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    We truly are internet brothers Zods, as I didn't like the PSP much either. Games were good, just hated those UMDs.
    Nov 2, 2017
    Vita_Girl and zodaex like this.
  9. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    zodaex Retro8bit I like PSP games (never had problems with UMD's) but I rarely play them on a PSP itself because it has a horrible joystick placement.

All games that don't use the joystick play fine, but otherwise it's too cramped no matter if you have small or bigger hands. (mine are smaller, but I only have issues with PSP)
    Nov 2, 2017
    Retro8bit likes this.
  10. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Oh don't get me wrong, I am by no means bashing the PSP. It's game line up was superb. I just hated the media for it. Those UMDs were just way too fragile for an on the go portable. Many of the disk shells split on me. Maybe I was too rough on them or something.

And yeah you're definitely right about the joystick, glad they fixed that with the Vita.
    Nov 3, 2017