Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. zodaex
    zodaex
    There's no such thing as a PAL Vita game. Never has been and never will be. Do you perhaps have a region 2 copy?
    Jan 27, 2018
  2. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Jan 27, 2018
  3. zodaex
    zodaex
    Vita Girl, the Vita does not have any explicit regional lockout so that information does not apply to what I was discussing with TheAtom.
    Jan 27, 2018
  4. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    The Vita itself not, but the games have a form of region lock.
    You can play Vita games from any region on a Vita, but the games are locked to the PSN store from the region they are for stuff like DLC.

So in fact there is still some sort of region lock on the games.
    Jan 27, 2018
  5. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    But that aside, what I mean is that (older) PAL games or NTSC games do still exist, and that a region free system still knows from which region a game is (important for stuff like DLC ect).

And even while current systems are region free there is nothing wrong with calling a game PAL or NTSC, people know what is what.

(I call games PAL/NTSC or EU/US, most people know what it means)
    Jan 27, 2018
  6. zodaex
    zodaex
    The lockout on the digital content has more to do with complications in licence checks on the PSN system, and isn't in place as an intentional region lockout.
    Jan 27, 2018
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Oh my bad. I thought that was just a general term to use for a EU region game, which indeed will have an effect on ps store compatibility. If it was confusing in any way, my bad.

No interest though? I'll probably bring it to the local game shop for it to spend the last of its days there (they don't even HAVE a vita section, I wonder if they'll take it at all)
    Jan 28, 2018
  8. zodaex
    zodaex
    I would, but I've already got 2 physical and one digital copy of Freedom Wars. :)
    Jan 28, 2018
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Uhm... The third is a charm? Or something?
    Jan 28, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  10. JoSoap
    JoSoap
    how much are you looking for it mate?
    Jan 28, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    €15+shipping for your own costs? I tried to have a look on Ebay at what seems to be fair, and that seems to be what most European copies seem to go for :D
    Jan 29, 2018
  12. JoSoap
    JoSoap
    I checked there I’ll just order it off cex. £8 and I’ve got a voucher left from Xmas :)
    Jan 29, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.