Comments on Profile Post by Billybobbean

1. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    They don't even dust the tops of megadrive games. So lazy. But with u on printed covers.
    Mar 28, 2018
  2. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    I glanced at the ps3 while I was in there too, ton of reprinted covers. Couple this with Grainger Games possibly going under GAME is going to be the only retailer left :(
    Mar 28, 2018
  3. ninty72
    ninty72
    It's a good job there will always be eBay ! :)
    Mar 28, 2018
  4. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Wha!? Vita games had repro covers? Wow.
    Mar 29, 2018
  5. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    ninty72 as long people don't resell these CeX copies on eBay it should be fine.
    Mar 29, 2018
  6. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    Vita_Girl that's the problem with these kind of repros though, people will try to resell them and its just adding an extra layer of complexity/risk on to any used game buying. There's no marking indicating that they are repros except their thankfully noticeable quality up close, but take a blurry ebay picture of one...will you be able to tell the difference?
    Mar 29, 2018
  7. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    I've got to go through my games at some point as in the past I've bought a few from cex before I knew about this. I'd like to think I'd spot it tho so hopefully I didnt miss any.
    Mar 29, 2018
  8. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    Tbh from a distance you could miss it, up close they look over saturated and are normally cut off too low and the print isn't quite ad good quality but its better than it used to be. It's only going to get hard to tell if they get better printers
    Mar 29, 2018
  9. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Billybobbean yup, I did check my Vita games from CeX UK and the one from Netherlands but luckily all the covers are legit.

And to be honest I hope it stays that way, once in a while I do get some games via via from CeX UK (they do not send abroad) because the prices are lower in the UK for some games.
    Mar 29, 2018
  10. DojoDan
  11. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    Was in cex today. This stood out like a sore thumb.
    Mar 30, 2018
  12. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Oh my! Seems like they may be getting loose vita games and decided to make cases for them rather then selling them without a game case. Rayman cover is cut-off at the bottom
    Apr 1, 2018
    DojoDan likes this.
  13. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Roscoe Jones that is also mostly the case, but CeX does this to ask a CiB price for a loose cart.

They print a cover to sell a game as "complete", there was on YouTube even an example of a Vita game in a 3ds case...
    Apr 1, 2018
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  14. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Apr 1, 2018