Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. zodaex
    zodaex
    Apr 5, 2018
  2. zodaex
    zodaex
    Oh smeg I just noticed in the product description it says "This product will not be shipped to Austria, Belgium" Sorry!
    Apr 5, 2018
  3. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    I've seen people recommend Amazon Japan. Not bought one there myself yet, but you can get them at MSRP and with customs prearranged. Over the years I've bought a few through nin-nin-game.com (high shipping cost and you'll have to wait a few weeks, but they can also send stuff to the EU customs-free via Amazon.fr) and solarisjapan.com (YMMV, had one slip through but got two held up in customs).
    Apr 6, 2018
  4. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    That is, if you don't mind it being a Japanese model. Other than the X and O button swap on the LiveArea screen they're identical, but the few new European models that I see on eBay cost a lot more than getting one from Japan - and they even have cool choices of colors and special edition designs!
    Apr 6, 2018
  5. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    zodaex that seems to be a common theme lately, but thanks nonetheless!

AllHasRed I'm going for a JP model indeed, because I can't find any European shop selling a new Vita console in general anyway.
    Apr 6, 2018
  6. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Nin-nin seems attractive, because every non-EU package has been picked out ever since I entered Belgium, and there's a €20 standard rate ON TOP OF the 21% import costs. Prepaid customs are the best. PA used to have that option as well, but I can't find it anymore!
    Apr 6, 2018
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    So yeah, I'll be pondering this over for a bit, but thanks guys!
    Apr 6, 2018
  8. lesdennis
    lesdennis
    Apr 6, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Nin-nin sells it for just a little more, but the decrease in shipping costs and no customs surprises doesn't seem bad! Thanks!!
    Apr 6, 2018
  10. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Best places I have found are mom n' pop retro stores, they usually have the best prices.
    Apr 7, 2018
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Yeah I know, but me and my wife are really looking for a new one, no second hand (and those I haven't seen at such stores).
    Apr 7, 2018