Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. 2048Dan
    2048Dan
    You can have 3 systems on one account. It used to be 2 but they changed it. I have two Vitas and a PSTV on my account and it works.
    Apr 9, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  2. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I keep reading conflicting information on that... The official website says 2 now, but I am reading it used to be 3...
    Apr 9, 2018
  3. 2048Dan
    2048Dan
    Guess they changed it back again? Sony is weird...
    Apr 9, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  4. zodaex
    zodaex
    TheAtom, I can explain it to you. Sony's activation limit on the Vita used to be a 2 system limit, however when they released the Vita-TV, the activation limit was raised to 3 Vitas, because they didn't want gamers who already owned two activated Vitas to be discouraged from buying a Vita-TV. However, in my own personal experience Sony actually lets to activate 4 Vitas to just one PSN account.
    Apr 9, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  5. zodaex
    zodaex
    I know this because I've done it. I currently have two PS-TVs, and two Vitas all activated to my primary PSN account. All of them are used regularly, and can all play ad-hoc 4 player games together on only 1 digital copy of the game.
    Apr 9, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  6. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I have three PS Vita TVs and can confirm you are able to have all three linked to one account at once. I just tried it. :)
    Apr 9, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Thanks guys! I am wondering when exactly you activated those. Currently, the limit is back to 2 systems again. So if you activated those systems when the limit was up to 3, perhaps you'd be able to keep them when it came down again, but you won't be able to add a third while the limit is on 2. Maybe?

Though that doesn't explain the 4 systems Zoda has at all.
    Apr 10, 2018
  8. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Well, I want to get a second Vita to have a backup vita anyway, so I guess I will try it out! Thanks a lot guys!
    Apr 10, 2018
  9. zodaex
    zodaex
    TheAtom, what makes you say that Sony changed it back to a 2 system limit? Did you try to activate a 3rd system but it didn't let you?
    Apr 10, 2018
  10. Akros
    Akros
    Wait, wait, 4? Please tell me more about that. I recently got a Vita Slim and wanted to do that but thought it was still 3. Anyways, with the new update I'll probably not do it so I can keep my current software
    Apr 10, 2018
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Apr 11, 2018
  12. Akros
    Akros
    TheAtom european and us sites seem outdated. I can tell you for sure that the japanese one is up to date and that my japanese account has had 1 Vita and 2 TVs linked for like 2 years or so already.
    Apr 11, 2018
  13. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Thanks! I'll get one anyway (also for the future, just in case) so we will see! I will post my findings here as well (though it may take a while still)
    Apr 11, 2018
  14. lesdennis
    lesdennis
    I have 2 vitas and 1 PSTV all associated with one PSN account
    Apr 11, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  15. zodaex
    zodaex
    I actually tried to activate 5 systems all to my main PSN account, but they cut me off there. I had to deactivate my Minecraft Vita in order to activate my second PS-TV.
    Apr 11, 2018
    Akros and TheAtom like this.
  16. zodaex
    zodaex
    My silver Vita, Miku Vita, and two PS-TVs are all currently activated.
    Apr 11, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  17. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Thanks again guys!
    Apr 11, 2018
  18. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Do u guys own a "ps vita tv"[japan] or "pstv"[the western release]??
    Apr 22, 2018
  19. zodaex
    zodaex
    I've got the USA model. I pre-ordered it and had it day 1.
    Apr 23, 2018
  20. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    I was just asking becuz people say ps vita tv even though they have the PSTV instead. It's essentially the same device but I have pstvs so I specifically say I have PSTVs n ps vita tv so that i don't confuse people here in the west.
    Apr 24, 2018
  21. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Mine's a PSTV as well, but there seem to be differences between EU and NA versions as well, so "western" doesn't quite cut it. I heard you guys get some sort of weird advertisement thing when you start up the system or something?
    Apr 24, 2018
  22. zodaex
    zodaex
    I think I formed the habit of calling it the Vita-TV about half of the time, because one time Douglas of LRG accused me of not being a Vita fan if I only play Vita games on the PS-TV. Calling it a Vita-TV I think still drills threw the idea that it's still a Vita, but just in a different format.
    Apr 24, 2018
  23. zodaex
    zodaex
    I also find that it makes the console much easier to talk about with others in real life. 95% of people in the real world who casually hear me mention "Playstation TV" thinks that i'm talking about a literal TV, and not a game system.
    Apr 24, 2018
    Akros likes this.
  24. zodaex
    zodaex
    TheAtom, i've done a bit of experimenting with that and it's actually the region of the PSN account you use to log into the system, and not the region of the system it's self. For some bizarre reason if you use a EU PSN account, you won't get ads on the PS-Button screen, or Home Menu (featured tab) like you do with a U.S. or JPN account.
    Apr 24, 2018
  25. Akros
    Akros
    zodaex actually that's related to the system's region. I use the same JP account on 2 vita TVs, one from NA and an European one. Only the NA shows adds and the featured tab
    Apr 24, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  26. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Honestly, I never really talk about the PSTV with anyone but my wife, and well, we bought it together... xD

Maybe it's that anything EU kicks it out? EU PSN or EU system?
    Apr 24, 2018
  27. zodaex
    zodaex
    Akros, thanks for clarifying that. I was going off the fact that I get advertisements that are linked to the U.S. PSN store on my PSTV, so I apologize if I mis-understood how it works. What i'm super curious about now though, is if you use your JPN account on a NA PSTV, what games are the advertisements for? Are they all for U.S. games that you can't technically buy because it points to the US PSN store?
    Apr 24, 2018
  28. zodaex
    zodaex
    Maybe I do need to buy Dojodan's EU PSTV after all.
    Apr 24, 2018