Comments on Profile Post by Renegade Bastard

1. 3VOLVE
    3VOLVE
    It goes a bit deeper than that, because of how basically it runs off a PS4 just like what they tried to do with VITA that eventually killed it off. They tried making Vita an overpriced PS4 controller and it backfired after trying to make it an overpriced PS3 controller. PS4 + PSVR is a bundle, Vita doesn't need PS4 which caused SONY anxiety.
    Apr 19, 2018
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  2. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    I've had my PSVR for about a year, use it almost every week. I must be up to around 70 games right now between disc versions and DL-only games, still having great fun with the experiences and looking forward to many more to come. The community is small but rabidly enthusiastic, even more so than for the Vita at this point I dare say, and I think Sony are doing well in putting their support behind it.
    Apr 19, 2018
    zodaex and Renegade Bastard like this.
  3. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    It's not like Vita (or anyone at all) would benefit from them abandoning VR too now. But we're only about 18 months in, and at that point in its life the Vita was also still just about on Sony's radar, so still plenty of time to mess it up ;)
    Apr 19, 2018
  4. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Huh, never thought of it that way before. But yeah though I knew from the start that VR wasn't going to go anywhere. It's a cool idea and the technology is great, but it was nothing more than a novelty in the 90s, and it's nothing more than a novelty now. Most gamers just want a TV and a standard controller in their hands...and preferably a couch to sit on too.
    Apr 19, 2018
  5. 2048Dan
    2048Dan
    I tried PSVR once for like two minutes and almost puked. So yeah, not buying that thing anytime soon...
    Apr 19, 2018
    zodaex, 3VOLVE and Renegade Bastard like this.
  6. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    The motion sickness is real, 2048Dan. I get it fairly easy as well. :(
    Apr 19, 2018
    zodaex and 3VOLVE like this.
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I tried a PSVR racing game in-store once. It taught me two things. 1) The quality seemed good and I didn't have motion-sickness (though it seemed a little low-res), and 2) I am really not good at more realistic racing games...

It seems like a fun gimmick to me, but I can't say I like the idea of being cut off from my wife while playing. It kind of takes out a lot of the fun.
    Apr 20, 2018
    zodaex and Renegade Bastard like this.
  8. lesdennis
    lesdennis
    it's certainly not 'dead' technology, you sound like you want them to abandon it?

I love my PSVR, I don't spend all my PS4 playtime on it, sometimes not playing for a month, but when i do use it, I love it!!

it's absolutely awesome fun
    Apr 20, 2018
  9. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I haven’t spent a single dollar on PS VR, lesdennis. I couldn’t care if Sony abandons it or not. I’m just stating the fact that it’s selling very poorly, just like Vita did, yet they continue to support a product that’s not selling, yet they abandoned Vita for that very same reason. Terrible and unfortunate situation is all. The market spoke. The mainstream market does not want VR.
    Apr 20, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  10. lesdennis
    lesdennis
    Apr 20, 2018
    zodaex and AllHasRed like this.
  11. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Those are PS Vita sales numbers, tho. Vita sold two to three million units per year and Sony abandoned the handheld by year two on market. :-\
    Apr 20, 2018
    3VOLVE and zodaex like this.
  12. zodaex
    zodaex
    All of you who are Texans need to have a house party with me. It would help de-stress from my other problems in life. Renegade, you and Retro-8-bit especially.
    Apr 21, 2018
  13. zodaex
    zodaex
    I want VR. It's just that I have high-ish standards and that 30 FPS is even worse to me than quasi virtual reality. I have experienced 140 frames per second via my new PC monitor, and VR isn't going to make me forget what the experience of 140 frames per second is like.
    Apr 21, 2018
  14. zodaex
    zodaex
    I admit i'm a spoiled bastard, but i've seen 144 FPS and I'm unable to unsee it!
    Apr 21, 2018
  15. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    If we weren't all so scattered around the world, I'd be up for organizing a meetup xD
    Apr 21, 2018
    Renegade Bastard and zodaex like this.
  16. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    Have mercy that’s an Uber number of frames, zodaex! I’ve only ever seen up to 60fps with my own eyes. That alone impressed me! I can’t even imagine how smooth 144 fps would look like! :O
    Apr 21, 2018
  17. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I agree, zodaex and TheAtom a meet-up for some local gaming would be sweet! :)
    Apr 21, 2018