Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    I don't think one country rules will stop them from doing it...for now at least.

I've been wondering as well, do this also means that buying "TCG packs" also consider gambling?

Pretty debatable topic I think LOL!
    Apr 20, 2018
  2. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    <3 Great!
    Apr 20, 2018
    zodaex likes this.
  3. Axeru777
    Axeru777
    these lootboxes are an an abomination to gaming
    Apr 20, 2018
    zodaex and Renegade Bastard like this.
  4. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    I think we can thank the influences of mobile phone gaming for this concept of "pay to win" shenanigans!
    Apr 21, 2018
  5. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    So it's actually only about lootboxes of which you can resell the contents for real life money. Most lootboxes and other annoying practices are sadly not covered by this.

KaiserDragon TCG packs did come to mind as well, as it is pure chance with what you get, and depending on your pull, you can resell it for financial gain.
    Apr 21, 2018
  6. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I suspect it is the small scale at which that happened that caused the government to not care, whereas some of the biggest games out now have immense money-making communities.
    Apr 21, 2018
  7. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Aren't trading "In-game Gold" and "In-game Items" for real money already illegal for a long time? They are common problem in MMOs.

Pretty sure it's been that way since a long-time or at least from my time playing MMOs game, they have severe penalties for those involve in those kind of activities.
    Apr 21, 2018
  8. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    At least TCG deals involved a tangible object, so I think they are fine in terms of the transaction part. Unless we are talking about virtual TCG LOL!

NOTE: Double-post due to words limitation.
    Apr 21, 2018
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Were they? I don't think so, as Rocket League and FIFA seem to have had that for quite a bit, and it's not like those games fly under the radar, but I am not sure.
    Apr 22, 2018
  10. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    The FIFA here we are refering to the FUT mode right? I remember they did mention such activities are deemed illegal in their "Terms and Agreement".

Of course I may be wrong too, as I do not play much FIFA. I haven't play Rocket League yet so I can't comment on that.
    Apr 22, 2018
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Oh really? I don't really play either so I just got it from hearsay. I heard indeed that FIFA's trades goes via 'shady websites', but supposedly Rocket League seemse to have it embedded in their Steam version? I don't know really, but I heard Steam games seem to have it more often.
    Apr 23, 2018
  12. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Well I guess those kind of stuff will just take place regardless whether there are rules or no.
    Apr 25, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.