Comments on Profile Post by Akros

1. Akros
    Akros
    Using a gamepad is a must though, mostly a ps4 one as it's the one I used while making it.
    Apr 24, 2018
  2. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Hmmm... I'll try it later today, and I'll see if I can give some feedback! No promise on the use of a gamepad though XD
    Apr 24, 2018
  3. Akros
    Akros
    TheAtom then suffer the keyboard curse. It just doesn't work for this kind of game xD
    Apr 24, 2018
  4. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    Just played it for 20-odd minutes and gave up after 109 deaths. Not messing around on the difficulty I see ;) Did manage to beat the Danmaku and Brickbreaking stages though, still need to hone my skills more for the other two (the clock ran out on the timer maze just as I shot the last block, argh!).
    Apr 24, 2018
  5. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    Is the "slipperiness" of the ship intentional? I was dearly wishing for some walls a lot of times because I kept sliding off the boards. But still damn impressive for something put together over a weekend! Thanks for sharing :)
    Apr 24, 2018
  6. AllHasRed
    AllHasRed
    Oh yeah, I played on an Xbox 360 controller because I have that one synced already and am too lazy to hook up a DS4 - the right stick doesn't do anything and I couldn't assign it in the menu (because computer illiteracy), so turning up/down for me is RT/LT and left/right only works on the D-Pad. I take it as an added challenge, like Dark Souls on a Guitar Hero controller ;)
    Apr 24, 2018
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    So thankfully the PS4 controller was plug 'n' play for me, so I got to try it with the controller. But MAN! This was ROUGH! I stopped at about 70 deaths cause it's dinner time. The slipperiness made it extra difficult for certain. I didn't even make it through any of the challenges :(

It looked pretty sleek though!

Edit I read on the page that there's nice ambient music... but I didn't actually hear any!
    Apr 24, 2018
  8. Akros
    Akros
    Thanks for playing it guys!
    Yesterday I put out a new build build with alternative controls as some people find it hard to pkay with a 45° input. Also, less slippery as that was crearly intentional, I actually wanted the player to be careful and not really reckless.
    Apr 25, 2018
  9. Akros
    Akros
    As for the xbox inputs... Yeah, that's an issue that unity doesn't manage natively. There are paid plug ins to fix it though, thing is I don't have 35 bucks to expend now xP
    Anyway, I added a much metter description in the config box so setting one up should only take a minute or so.
    Thing is the right stick is mapped differently for ps4 and xbox pads
    Apr 25, 2018
  10. Akros
    Akros
    Ambience music has a low volume but it certainly is there. The reason for the low volume is wanting to create a sense of emptyness :)

I'll probably keep upgrading the game with sounds, bug fixing and more stuff so once I do I'll tell you about it!
    Any ideas for new games and such are welcome too!
    Apr 25, 2018
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I might not have had my volume high enough then...
    And the issues with the slipperiness may very well be on me. It's probably the first time I play (what I assume to be) a twin-stick shooter, and if you're adding extra difficulty, I can imagine it may be aimed more at more experienced players.
    Apr 25, 2018