Comments on Profile Post by Vita_Girl

1. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Just wondering about it, would be fun if such title came to the west too.
    May 6, 2018
  2. Renegade Bastard
    Renegade Bastard
    I suspect it’ll be Japan region exclusives both ways and we won’t see the titles head West. Long after NA and EU have dropped support for Vita, I bet Vita will continue in Japan for a while. My suspicions at least.
    May 6, 2018
  3. shadowman
    shadowman
    Last physical release will probably be a random Japanese release. Either that or a limited release though I get the feeling those will dry up sooner rather than later.

Last digital release, with the quality of some of the stuff put on Vita at the moment, I'd bet against it being anything good whatever it is!
    May 6, 2018
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  4. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Last-last-last? Like, in the way that the Gameboy and the Megadrive are still receiving games now? Hmmm... Probably somewhere in the future, where the Vita has retro status, and some person thinks it's cool to develop 'like in the olden days'.

The NES days of course asked for a platformer, but I wonder what retro-inspired will mean when referring to the current days in a decade or two. FPS?
    May 6, 2018
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  5. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Since the Vita shares so many things in common with the Dreamcast. I have a feeling there is gonna come a time where independent devs will start making their own games for it. By that time I would imagine SD cards will be super super cheap, and with some kind of adapter to make playing them possible, the Vita will live once again.
    May 7, 2018
    Vita_Girl and TheAtom like this.
  6. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    You all guy have a point, the only thing I doubt is that the Vita will get new games after Sony stops supporting it, maybe via homebrew considering how closed the whole system is otherwise.
    May 7, 2018
    Renegade Bastard likes this.