Comments on Profile Post by DankZaku

1. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Like storing nuts for the winter.
    May 17, 2018
  2. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP, nooooooooooooooooo. The lack of new games coming into the market has no direct bearing on prices. No games have been getting reprints lately, this whole idea that the end of western production is gonna mean all the game prices spike is just fearmongering. The only thing thats gonna make game prices spike is people thinking game prices are gonna spike and panic buying. Its a self fulfilling prophecy
    May 17, 2018
    DojoDan and TheAtom like this.
  3. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    And yet something that will likely happen whatever
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones and Retro8bit like this.
  4. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    ^ I was just about to say the same thing.
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  5. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    Its not fear-mongering Billybobbean lol. It was just a suggestion to buy the harder to find titles you want now. I never said all prices either, just specific random games. We can't predict them either. Just look at Gundam VS (prices, availability) or Danganronpa V3 for some of you guys.
    May 17, 2018
  6. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    There are a lot of collectors out there, who don't even start until end of life for a console. People love to collect for underdog systems. Just look at the DC (<3). Here in the US pretty much everything was selling below retail during its lifespan. In 2002 after its demise many of the games shot up to closer to MSRP within a year. Then slowly kept climbing over time.
    May 17, 2018
    DojoDan likes this.
  7. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    Its just a natural thing that happens with niche systems like the Vita and DC. You won't see that sort of increase on mainstream platforms, Nintendo being the exception. I don't think anyone is going to go out and panic buy a ton of Vita games :)
    May 17, 2018
    AllHasRed likes this.
  8. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    You should have seen some of the reddit threads yesterday, tons of people seemed to think they suddenly wouldnt be able to buy any games anymore it was ridiculous.

I'd agree though, get those hard to find titles out the way everyone, I took this approach, its always best to just bite the bullet and buy on release for some things.
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  9. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    Twitter mirrored Reddit then. Some to extremes "I'm not supporting SONY anymore" or "SONY is crazy for ending the Vita when it has life left". Vita to Switch era has shown me some folks invest (mentally) way to much into a system. I've definitely been guilty of that in the past as well when I was younger though. I get it though, when something brings you joy its hard to let go and see the forest for the trees.
    May 17, 2018
  10. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    I'll still support it. It's actually one of the very few consoles that I've picked up during its life span. Like DankZaku says, I'm one of the late starters for most consoles. But I do wonder where Vita games will sit price wise. Outside of 'rare' games, PSP and Wii U games aren't overly pricey, and I do wonder if the Vita will sit in the same position as those? The Asian/Eng imports might be a different story.
    May 17, 2018
  11. Billybobbean
    Billybobbean
    Yea theres some mental gymnastics going on for sure. At the end of the day the consoles been going for nearly 7 years. Its never really had the level of support it should have but the industry's done a good job with what was given to it and I think we'd all agree its been success from our view.
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones likes this.
  12. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Yeah I gotta go along with that. Even if the Vita were to be 100% discontinued tomorrow. I would be more than satisfied with what we got. It exceeded my expectations and then some. Made some good memories with this system!
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones and DojoDan like this.
  13. DojoDan
    DojoDan
    Awesome YouTubers have helped :)
    May 17, 2018
    Roscoe Jones and Retro8bit like this.
  14. DankZaku
    DankZaku
    I've got more mech games than on almost any other system. Between SRW and Gundam games alone I'm happy with the Vita. And that's like only 2% of what it has to offer. coop freedom wars was the best. Plus this little system caused me to meet some cool people from all over the world :)
    May 18, 2018
    DojoDan, Roscoe Jones and AllHasRed like this.
  15. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Yes my fellow Vita enthusiast! Vita has and will always do us well into the future years to come! Im not sad at all. Why?? I have fun with Vita everyday! Only thing I'm sad about is that I can't give my games the attention that it deserves becuz of time constraints so yes I sacrifice time and sleep to play.
    May 20, 2018
    DankZaku and DojoDan like this.
  16. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    I saw the writing on the wall when I first heard of vita back in 2012! I snatched this thing up so quick and bought a trillion vita titles including limited edition summon night 6 Vita version by GaijinWorks former Working Designs which will be super duper expensive. I pledge 175 for that game... I pretty much have all the heavy hitter western and translated releases whew!
    May 20, 2018
  17. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Vita has led me to meet you awesome video game/vita player-enthusiast. You guys have helped me more than you know! Much Thanks to everyone! Gaming is my "Zen" since childhood which means a lot
    May 20, 2018
  18. Roscoe Jones
    Roscoe Jones
    Freedom wars NA release is only 15USD on Amazon. P4G NA release is 20bucks new on Amazon too wow
    May 20, 2018