Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. Axeru777
    Axeru777
    how's the gameplay?
    Aug 22, 2018
  2. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I'll give an update in a few days to give a better idea, as this morning I just got through the introduction, and when I JUST started the mission I had to go to work. I'll play some more this evening probably :D
    Aug 22, 2018
    DojoDan likes this.
  3. zodaex
    zodaex
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow!
    Aug 23, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  4. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I've played only a little bit (haven't gotten to the first minigame yet even), but I can already say a little. The shooting works pretty well. You have different guns that shoot and feel very differently, during missions you can pick up upgrades and whatnot that you can equip later as well as costume pieces that are mere aesthetics.
    Aug 23, 2018
    Axeru777 likes this.
  5. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    The three difficulties allow you to either fight against cannon fodder, or have almost every enemy being a nearly indestructible tank. This is so UNLESS you hit their 'core' (like a headshot) in which case only the hardest difficulty requires more than one shot for the weaker enemies.
    Aug 23, 2018
    Axeru777 likes this.
  6. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I just lost my first boss battle against the virtual YouTuber we've seen in the trailers on the easy mode, because that shit was TOUGH. She's tiny compared to the orcs, moves a lot, does a ton of damage and has quite the defense!
    Aug 23, 2018
    Axeru777 likes this.
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Biggest issue I encountered so far (again, I'm in the beginning stages) is that there's a very clear slowdown when there's more enemies. I personally prefer slowdown over framerate drops, but this could've been optimized better (like in SK EV where not all enemy character models get rendered or something like it) or by toning down the detail in the models to easen it up because it looks GOOD!
    Aug 23, 2018
  8. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    The graphics or the ladies? It's hard for me to separate the two.
    Aug 23, 2018
    Axeru777 and TheAtom like this.
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    It actually is hard to separate the two because the ladies' character models are BY FAR the pieces with the most effort put into them xD

I'm not a huge fan of the character design though. They all look fairly forgettable for now, but it's not like they look bad either. I still have a lot left to see though!
    Aug 23, 2018
    Retro8bit likes this.
  10. Axeru777
    Axeru777
    I'm so tempted to buy this already!
    Aug 23, 2018
    Retro8bit and TheAtom like this.
  11. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Kinda reminds me of the DOA series. The male characters have always had way less polygons and definement when compared to the ummm...females. You can definitely tell where all the works goes into.
    Aug 24, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  12. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Aug 27, 2018
    Retro8bit and Axeru777 like this.
  13. Axeru777
    Axeru777
    TheAtom yeah, I'm convinced to buy it already but unfortunately I'm a short on cash at the moment
    Aug 27, 2018
    Retro8bit and TheAtom like this.
  14. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I just got my copy in and am loving it so far! Controls much better than the original Bullet Girls, not nearly as floaty. And there is way more emphasis on straight up action, where as the original was a bit more slower paced and strategic. Awesome improvements in my opinion.
    Aug 28, 2018
    Axeru777 and TheAtom like this.
  15. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Retro8bit you played the previous ones as well? Cool to hear, because this of course got me curious about the others, but they just don't look nearly as fun in gameplay videos.
    Aug 28, 2018