Comments on Profile Post by Vita_Girl

1. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Still better than nothing, Switch is a fine VN machine in the end.

Come on Japan, bring it on!
    Aug 27, 2018
  2. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I think a lot of Otomate games are getting Switch releases as well.

I'm personally still hoping for a Switch Mini that's portable-only. Whether it's really viable, I don't know though...
    Aug 27, 2018
  3. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Would VN's do well on the Switch though? I mean since it's so popular. I was under the impression that the reason VN's did so well on the Vita was due to it's niche market. Competition wasn't as fierce on the Vita in the western territories so devs could make a reasonable profit.
    Aug 28, 2018
  4. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I think so, personally. I think that slowly a lot of Vita owners will jump ship to the Switch. I know I will in time. I'm kind of hoping that most publishers follow along (and quite a few seem to publish JPN PS4/Vita games as PS4/Switch games here)
    Aug 28, 2018
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  5. Andreas Stalin
    Andreas Stalin
    I recently finished Atelier Lydie & Suelle on the Switch and I’d have to say it was a perfect fit, playing in handheld mode most of the time but the seemless switch (pun intended) to the big screen when you want it is just the icing on the cake.
    Aug 28, 2018
    Vita_Girl likes this.
  6. Andreas Stalin
    Andreas Stalin
    Reason I bring up this game is that lots of it plays like a VN, all the event scenes (and there are tons of them) are text based just like in a VN.
    Aug 28, 2018
  7. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Retro8bit It would do fine but what worries me is that Vita keeps getting VN's in Japan, Switch started to get them too but in both cases they don't come to the west.
    Aug 28, 2018
  8. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    TheAtom I don't see myself buying a Switch Mini because I'm afraid it would lack some things I do like about it, however for some people a Switch Mini could be the perfect solution.
    Aug 28, 2018
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Vita_Girl for me the Switch Mini would be a perfect solution for a second system in the house. For playing something like Pokémon or Splatoon together for example
    Aug 28, 2018
    Vita_Girl likes this.