Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. zodaex
    zodaex
    Aww :(
    Oct 24, 2018
  2. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Underage? What's considered to be legal age there? Plus...it's Anime.....
    Oct 25, 2018
  3. The_stats_guy
    The_stats_guy
    I think 13 is legal age of consent in Japan which tends to be the problem (apologies if I've got that wrong though). Not sure if that's the same with sex entertainment though. The 2 differ in the UK (16 vs 18 respectively)
    Oct 25, 2018
  4. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    The_stats_guy exactly. Legal age for sexual activity in most Western European countries is 16, whereas sexual entertainment of sorts is 18. Mamori in Valkyrie Drive is clearly mentioned to be 15, and Mirei is 16, both of which are thus underage for sexual entertainment, and Mamori even for any activity whatsoever.
    Oct 25, 2018
  5. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Legal age of consent in Japan is 13, which close to being the lowest legal age in the world (Nigeria with 11) according to Google. For sexual entertainment it is 18 though, but here it is about who participates in the activity, rather than what is depicted, although there ARE cases of sexualized videos of children age 4-6 being sold legally.
    Oct 25, 2018
  6. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    These are videos made with the consent of the mother, who behind the camera holds the child's favourite toy, while the cameraman tries to get lewd shots.

These forms of media are definitely being frowned upon by regular Japanese society, but are technically (still) legal.
    Oct 25, 2018
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Just a little contextualization for such stuff in Japan :D
    Oct 25, 2018
    KaiserDragon likes this.
  8. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Well I think base on the infos that you guys mentioned, there can't be any complaint regarding the ban.

Whilst I really like their Anime and Game culture, sometimes I don't really agree with Japan too in regard of "those stuffs".
    Oct 26, 2018
  9. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    Only now? That's odd, hasn't that anime already been out a while?
    Oct 26, 2018
  10. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    KaiserDragon exactly my feeling. Some of these things I'd consider innocent in animes and games can have darker realities behind them that together form some horrible practices... It makes me apprehensive to invoke culturewide arguments in defending particular games, and makes me focus more on the particular content itself regardless of cultural backgrounds (cultural relativism is not my thing anyway)
    Oct 26, 2018
  11. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Retro8bit I think the US version's been out, as well as the streamed version. This was concerning a DVD rating for the UK release, which (I think) typically happens a LOT later
    Oct 26, 2018