Comments on Profile Post by TheAtom

1. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    I'm interested on your take for "Alternative".
    Nov 25, 2018
    TheAtom likes this.
  2. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    KaiserDragon it'll take a while till I get there haha. I'm planning to 100% Extra and Unlimited first xD

Have you played them all? What did you think?
    Nov 25, 2018
  3. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    TheAtom No I haven't play any of them. I haven't get much into the series either. I watched the Anime ver. of "Alternative" but have been putting her on-hold after the very dreadful 2nd episode.

I guess not everything is Fun'n'Game just because they have a lot of cute girls with them....

I have high interest in their characters design nonetheless, so I'm looking forward on your thought on the series.
    Nov 26, 2018
  4. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    My face became pale after discovering the Muv-Luv games I bought are same Muv-Luv I once saw one episode of (no idea which).

It was terrifying and I've never had such terrible feeling with any anime I've ever watched...

Now that I remember myself the reason why, I'm not even going on that reason any further, it was the uncensored version too...

(a reason why I don't even know if I want to play the VN)
    Nov 26, 2018
  5. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Oh goodness... both of you have some awful things to say about the different anime adaptations...

@Both of you, what was wrong with the animes?

Oh and yeah, Muvluv Extra (the base game in a school setting) is incredibly cliché so far, but that doesn't have to be horrible.
    Nov 27, 2018
  6. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    For me the gore the anime used in uncensored version was too much, I can stand gore but in that episode they placed all the checkmarks of what I can't stand.

People die in games or anime, but I don't need to see stuff comparable to what happened in Saw movies... and if what I read about Muv-Luv anime is true it even goes beyond that.

Thx but I don't need PTSD because of a anime...
    Nov 27, 2018
  7. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Oh goodness... #2

That's Muvluv Alternative then though, right? I can't imagine Muvluv Extra becoming gory o.O
    Nov 27, 2018
  8. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    TheAtom Yes Alternative indeed.

I doubt the VN has that as much, or at least I doubt PEGI would give it a 16 rating otherwise.

At least I hope it's not like the anime...
    Nov 27, 2018
  9. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Muvluv Extra is a super classic cliché school harem rom-com so I'm not expecting it to get gory. It's pretty fun in how cliché it is, and to me it's a little nostalgic.

Unlimited is when the whole space stuff is starting to go down, and Alternative is an alternate story to that one. Seeing how long they are, it might take me a while before I get to Alternative XD
    Nov 27, 2018
  10. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    TheAtom It's the gory level. Feels like they tune-up the level to "OVERHEAT" in that regard.

I've watched quite a number of War Animes and always thought of myself as one that handle blood and gore pretty well but that dreadful 2nd episode push that limit...or maybe even beyond limit....
    Nov 27, 2018
  11. KaiserDragon
    KaiserDragon
    Yeah, "Extra" seems to be the "Giggles Everywhere" version by the looks of the setting. Seems like I pretty much doomed myself by using "Alternative" as the entry-point to the series =.=

Vita_Girl I assume we are talking about the same series.
    Nov 27, 2018
  12. Vita_Girl
    Vita_Girl
    Nov 27, 2018
  13. Retro8bit
    Retro8bit
    I find that is common in some visual novels. In 999 the protagonist can really be a jerk sometimes.
    Nov 28, 2018
  14. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    Retro8bit really? The few I've played were always pretty okay. Much more often the in dating sims MC is timid and barely even speaks (which is cool, cause he's often not voiced in these types of VNs). Here MC has a ton of lines but isn't voiced, and he kind of a dick.
    Nov 28, 2018
  15. TheAtom
    TheAtom
    I'm surprised with 999 though, the MC in Virtue's Last Reward is pretty okay. Danganronpa, Kikokugai the Cyber Slayer and actually most Nitro+ ones are pretty fine.

@Both of you, I also can handle a decent amount of gore but I'm getting worried now XD
    I'll enjoy the Giggles Everywhere version while it lasts xD
    Nov 28, 2018