64g anyone out of room physical game

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by sean, Aug 6, 2016.

1. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Just curious. I have eaten up almost half my 64g with just game saves and patches. Soo many games backlogged I really doubt I even have 40% of my games patched and single save.

Anyone with enough time they played most or even just patched every single game. See how much memory it really takes for full english atm.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm out of space, but I get loads of digital titles as well. I had to delete Assassins Creed Chronicles from my Vita as it kept downloading a 500MB update, and as I played it at launch and 100%ed it I didn't want to waste the extra space on the patch. Also, there are plenty of physical games I've not updated either, 64GB is definitely not enough space these days if you have a huge library of Vita games!

Roscoe Jones and Murphy like this.
  3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I do have a 16gb card, but except some (smaller) PSP games (and Bigfest, Jetpack Joyride, Senran Kagura Bon Appetit) my Vita libary is physical only, with all my PSP games (3,5gb) PS Vita game patches + Bigfest and Jetpack Joyride (4,6gb) and some of my music (2,5gb) I still have 4,3gb left, only digital title I didn't install is Senran Kagura Bon Appetit (3gb+) because I don't play it for a while.

A friend of mine on the other hand has mostly digital games, his both 32gb cards are full, he just ordered a 64gb lately because he has no space for his 24 digital games anymore.

(my collection is 33 physical Vita games and 3 digital)

If you download games then in my opinion even the 64gb is to small, but sadly that is the biggest one on the market.

4. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

Got both of our Vitas with 32gb cards as of last night, but if we do much more digital games I can see that becoming a serious issue. Between the mem card sizing, pricing, & issues with PSN refusing to accept payment(which hit us both last night), it sure seems like Sony is determined to make it as hard as possible to make money.

5. APA

APA Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    APA_ZAROZO
    Mine was full before I even bought it. And has to be constantly erasing stuff. And I have a quite a few retail games!

6. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Lately i've started to wonder this same question. Would all of my Vita game installs + patches fit onto my 64GB memory card? For me, yes! Yes they do! Now annoyingly I hit the system's "bubble limit" pretty easily, which is limited to 100 bubbles on the home screen unless you use folders to hold additional games. The folders look somewhat bad in my opinion, however they are very functional and have allowed me to install all 120 of my Vita games to my system with 20GB left to spare. Admittingly I did uninstall all of my PS1 Classics to make it less of a stretch, but I can play those on my PS3 anyways If I wanted to.

sean likes this.
  7. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

I think the problem of the 64gb memory card is not that it is too small, it is too expensive lol
    If we could use the 3rd parties memory cards, I could get 2 or 3 of them. But it is hard for me to let go $100 or more for a 64gb memory card, I just can't digest that lol.

Now going back to the question, I have a 16gb memory card and it feels too small. When I am out there, I have to be deleting and dowloading games very often.

sean likes this.
  8. sean

sean Well-Known Member

Too answer my own question. Having close to 400 physical games is too much to fit on a single 64gb card.

Too many big patches, extra voices packs, and collections with the last game being digital.

9. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

That is a sweet collection you have there. Have you posted it on the "collection thread"? if so, I will check it out.

I will go a bit off-topic here, but similar to what you said, I have a 1tb ps4 and I keep deleting and downloading games. So I am looking for an external HDD now, because 1tb it is not enough at all.
    At least there is no "Sony HDD" to use on the PS4, or else it would be expensive as the Vita Mem Cards. lol

sean likes this.
  10. sean

sean Well-Known Member

I did have a few pictures of my collection here, but I think photo bucket keeps breaking the links.

Everytime I go back and look the pictures are gone.

PS Vita collection https://imgur.com/gallery/EyRbt

11. bad_boo

bad_boo Hyperspin fan

Beautifull collection sean.

sean likes this.
  12. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

I only have an 8gb card but I don't mind deleting certain games as I usually only play one at a time

13. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

That works, but don't forget that it wears your memory card out faster if you delete and restore games frequently. I just wore one small card recently myself that I load and remove games from weekly.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  14. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

Same Here! You should always use content manager on your PC or Mac to manage save files n digital games. Essentially, You'll never have to delete a game or save file in order to play a new one with that program. You don't even have to plug up your vita. It can be done via the same wifi connection. Some one can do fairly decent with a 32g-just gotta move files between your pc n vita.

15. JoSoap

JoSoap Active Member

Shit that's news to me!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  16. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

What's the affects?

17. eric

eric Well-Known Member

+1

My card is a 32gb card, and I have not run into any issue w/ storage space. Most all the games I play are physical ..so its just game data that I believe gets saved to my device.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  18. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I'm 64gb and out of space, own on digital approx. 15 Vita games, 7 PSP and 7 psone, on physical I own say 20. That's enough for me now, I've started a little 2DS collection.

19. eric

eric Well-Known Member

HA, I too started a collection of Nintendo games ...3DS mostly. ...but I guess I actually started my Nintendo collection back in the 80's as I still have all my GB, GBA and GBC games from back in the day.

zodaex likes this.
  20. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I think I've run out of cheap Vita games to collect, to really expand my collection I'm into LRG stuff, so I've started a cheap 2DS collection, this month I bought FIFA 12 for the 2DS for £4.