99 Vidas

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by zodaex, May 14, 2018.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Dedicated thread for 99 Vidas for Vita, Whoo! :)

Last night I was playing this game for awhile, and after a bit of single player I tried to hop onto the multiplayer to see if I could find a helper but I couldn't get the online multiplayer to work. When I press go online, i'm greeted by several error messages saying that it couldn't connect. I have played tons of other Vita games online and never seen these specific error messages before so I was curious, has anyone here who owns 99 Vidas tried to play it online yet? And if so, what was the result? I'm just really wanting to know if either the online server was already shut down for it, or if it's just a temporary outage. The game also oddly seemed to become less stable after it gave me those messages. If I try to unsuccessfully connect to an online game, then after load my single player save file, the game will crash every time. I've got to just to straight to singleplayer for it to stay stable and not freeze up while trying to load.

2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I've played PS4 version online, I've just created a room online on the European digital Vita version, but no one's joining the room

3. zodaex

Thanks a lot for checking for me. It might have to do with the less-than ideal way my internet is setup then. I'm behind a router without any ports forwarded. I'll eventually test out if it works if I plug my PS-TV directly into my broadband router. Any games that support online co-op, I prefer to play them that way. :)

4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

you could setup a portable hotspot on your mobile phone and connect the PSTV to that network to verify if it's a problem with your home router setup

zodaex likes this.
  5. zodaex

I've done some more testing with alternative internet connections and can confirm that 99 Vidas multiplayer absolutely will not work for me. I've tried on several different days too.

My running theory at this point is that perhaps this game doesn't work online for some reason with a U.S. PSN account.
    Does anyone else here from the U.S. feel like testing the online multiplayer to test my theory?

6. sean

sean Well-Known Member

99 Vidas is busted from what I can see. We even bought extra copies for multiplayer....*sigh.

Okay with a single cart in the PSTV and two controllers is does work two player.

With two cart in two different vitas or PSTV's = Fail.
    No online or adhoc would work for us.

zodaex likes this.
  7. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Online doesn't work for me either, which sucks. Ah, the glory of getting a physical release that doesn't even work properly. Maybe that's why LRG skipped it?

zodaex likes this.
  8. huckpg

huckpg New Member

I played online on PS4 and I just test Vita version. It worked for me.

9. sean

sean Well-Known Member

You are able to play the vita multiplayer online or adhoc?

My game works just none of the co op works beside pstv with two DS3 controllers.

10. huckpg

huckpg New Member

I created a room and called it Test.

It seems Vita version is on 2 player online though

11. zodaex

What region is your PSN account that you tested it with? I've got a U.S. PSN account and always get error messages if I try to create a room.

sean likes this.
  12. sean

sean Well-Known Member

This is what happens to me also. Tried again today a few hours apart nothing but fail to connect online. Also using NA PSN account on the vita.

13. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

UK Vita/account here. Never got a room to work.

zodaex likes this.
  14. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Well now I feel a tad relieved, thought it was just my cart that refused to go online.